By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Graphical Techniques Do You Want Standardized For Next Gen Consoles?

Pemalite said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
Anisotropic filtering. I don't think current gen game use this (if they do, is a low one). From my understanding, current-gen games use trilinear filtering, right? I'm not a computer graphics savvy, so correct me if I'm wrong. I noticed this for the first time on GTA 5 (PS4). There's a small radius around the player that looks fine but outside of that is a little blurry.

8th gen games tend to use Anisotropic filtering more often than not.
Obviously it isn't always 16x, which I personally believe should be the minimum on the Xbox One X and Playstation 4 Pro as it's not very demanding on modern hardware.

Hopefully next gen we see a push beyond 16x samples and start seeing 32x or 64x samples.

I hope so.  It's very distracting a low setting of AF.

Around the Network

Not graphics, but I would definitely prefer really good AI.

I would also like open world games to be less buggy with less clipping. Personally, I would prefer a near perfect open world game, even if it isn't that big.

Lens flare!

CGI-Quality said:
MasterThief said:

i didnt mention graphics. it was just a cover based AI. it didn't do much of anything else really. 

Again, your feelings on any specific game are irrelevant top this topic. So drop it.

what you said is an opinion too. if you don't wanna argue don't start arguments 

MasterThief said:
CGI-Quality said:

Again, your feelings on any specific game are irrelevant top this topic. So drop it.

what you said is an opinion too. if you don't wanna argue don't start arguments 

This is your last time to drop this before Moderation. I have been through something like this with you before. If you want to talk about stuff unrelated to the topic, go make another thread. I chimed in on Killzone hoping that'd be the end of it (giving you something that is documented and can be easily verified, not merely my opinion). It wasn't for the sake of argument. But, you have a habit of derailing topics (among other things that I suspect about you), and more importantly, AI is a different subject matter from what we're discussing here. So it wasn't relevant to begin with.

Thus, laying low is your best bet.

Edit:  Hmmm, quite the revelation! ^_^

In any case, we're nearly at the end of what I need to start the BIG thread. The majority of you have been quite helpful and I appreciate the feedback. 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 22 June 2018

Around the Network

I may actually have this done by today.

This might be relevant to the thread.
Digital Foundry did a video about The Last of Us Part II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i1WCW3B0x8

the-pi-guy said:
This might be relevant to the thread.
Digital Foundry did a video about The Last of Us Part II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i1WCW3B0x8

To a degree, it is (though their stuff for next gen will surely trounce that with little trouble). Btw, the new thread will be up in about two hours, for those who are ready to jump in and really get into this stuff!

Thanks for all of your participation guys. New thread is up: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236763&page=1#