By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - E3 2018: More PS4 Exclusives in Development, Says Shuhei Yoshida

Maybe they will reveal some at PSX

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
xl-klaudkil said:

100% . Noo,even if they started working on it right after gow it needs 3-4 years to make a great product,ps5 will be in its second year by then.

I guarantee you GoW 5 will release on PS4.

They have almost all the assets done, the story finished, a new engine they'll surely not miss ths chance to use again before moving full PS5, will have no dlc, and they made 4 with a sequel in mind.

They'll be extremely faster on making 5 than they were on 4, because they built all the foundations for it while doing it.

Prepare yourself 

I agree, gow 5 is going to be on ps4 and most likely a crossgen game whit PS5. I'm calling 2021 for GoW part II.

No way in hell they are going to ignore an user base of over 100M.

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

BraLoD said:

Manlytears said:
BraLoD said:

I guarantee you GoW 5 will release on PS4.

They have almost all the assets done, the story finished, a new engine they'll surely not miss ths chance to use again before moving full PS5, will have no dlc, and they made 4 with a sequel in mind.

They'll be extremely faster on making 5 than they were on 4, because they built all the foundations for it while doing it.

Prepare yourself 

I agree, gow 5 is going to be on ps4 and most likely a crossgen game whit PS5. I'm calling 2021 for GoW part II.

No way in hell they are going to ignore an user base of over 100M.

I cant say I agree with this. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done for a sequel that it wouldn't launch post PS5 (unless that is really pushed back). And while Sony has a history of supporting their older platforms with a newer console out I believe that it will be done differently this time.

Getting support on PS5 early will be crucial. MS is not going to mess up anther Xbox launch, and they are gearing up their studios too. I see Sony using remasters (from pre-PS4) and the development of new AA budget games as their lineup for PS4 post PS5, as the PS4 basically becomes an entry level device. I somehow doubt that both Horizon 2 and GoW2 are cross-gen games (if GOW is then surely Horizon is) because both of these are killer apps that make the PS5 an essential purchase.

There are still other PS4 games to come. I imagine a lot of SCEJs games will be cross gen but they really need to pump out AA budget games like Gravity Daze (and to a lesser extent Knack-esque) that are also well received critically and commercially on a frequent basis.

But whatever they decide is ok. if they have tons of cross gen games then that is great too. Just means I can wait a bit before buying a PS5 haha.