By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sources: AMD Has Created Navi FOR Sony’s PlayStation 5.

JEMC said: 

Also, there's no need to go for 30 or 60fps if they go with HDMI 2.1 as they'll be able to use variable refresh rates, like G-Sync or Freesync, through it. Sure, you'll probably need a compatible TV, but that's something that hasn't been a problem for them this two past gens, so I doubt it will be one this time.

Well bad luck for you , only small amount of TV that using it and it even worse some TV might be using G-sync and some might be using free Sync, I don't see any possibilities for mainstream price 4k TV will add this feature in 5 to 6 years a head. On PC monitors is become mainstream (but with price) , But consoles player usually use TV and rarely using PC monitor. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
JEMC said: 

Also, there's no need to go for 30 or 60fps if they go with HDMI 2.1 as they'll be able to use variable refresh rates, like G-Sync or Freesync, through it. Sure, you'll probably need a compatible TV, but that's something that hasn't been a problem for them this two past gens, so I doubt it will be one this time.

Well bad luck for you , only small amount of TV that using it and it even worse some TV might be using G-sync and some might be using free Sync, I don't see any possibilities for mainstream price 4k TV will add this feature in 5 to 6 years a head. On PC monitors is become mainstream (but with price) , But consoles player usually use TV and rarely using PC monitor. 

I don't know why you say that bad luck for me, but in any case, as I said in my post, neither Sony nor MSoft are scared to launch a console that urges to change/upgrade your TV in order to fully appreciate its capabilities. I don't see why they won't do that again.

As for TVs going with G-Sync or Freesync.... well, HDMI 2.1 is the new standard, while the other two are propietary tech (although Freesync is free and open), so I doubt there'll be much troubles here. Manufactureres will go with HDMI 2.1 and its VRR tech over the others because it will be easier for them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

LipeJJ said:
Maybe we just "saw " PS5 in action. I mean, The Last of Us 2 looked unbelievably above anything else in the conference. And no, not even Ghost of Tsushima comes close (but to the fair that's an open world game). Maybe they showed PS5's version, I don't know, it doesn't even has a release date yet. Either way, I'm totally impressed.

Both of these were reported to run on Pro hardware. You need to remember ND have never worked on a full Pro project before.

DakonBlackblade said:
LipeJJ said:
Maybe we just "saw " PS5 in action. I mean, The Last of Us 2 looked unbelievably above anything else in the conference. And no, not even Ghost of Tsushima comes close (but to the fair that's an open world game). Maybe they showed PS5's version, I don't know, it doesn't even has a release date yet. Either way, I'm totally impressed.

They didn't, why ppl keep saying this, Sony confirmed its PS4 and they had behind closed doors demos running on a PS4, Sony inhouse studios are just that good.

After seeing games like HZD, God of War, Uncharted 4 and Detroit: Become Human, I can't believe people are still doubting Sony's first party studios AND the ps4 capabilities.

finalrpgfantasy said:
DakonBlackblade said:

They didn't, why ppl keep saying this, Sony confirmed its PS4 and they had behind closed doors demos running on a PS4, Sony inhouse studios are just that good.

After seeing games like HZD, God of War, Uncharted 4 and Detroit: Become Human, I can't believe people are still doubting Sony's first party studios AND the ps4 capabilities.

History repeated again, when Uncharted 2 and the last of us was announce back then nobody believe it was running on PS3. Also it's not a PC games so it has a lot of trick and technique in there to make it happens. Consoles developer are good at optimization and good at building engine for specific device , especially SONY world wide studios. 

Around the Network

I mean pt II does look like what we would expect from early next gen titles but people said the same about pt I when it was released at the end of the PS3s life, Tomb Raider and GTA V didn't look like they could run on 360 hardware but they did. ND of all people isn't going to do a big E3 showcase for the PS4 and run it on PS5 hardware without acknowledging it lol. This is just the benefits of end of life software (assuming it launches summer/fall 2019).

KBG29 said:
LipeJJ said:

I was wondering at first, as I didn't see any "Captured on PS4 Pro" or such lingo, but at the TLOUPII panel, they used the phrasing. I think this is just a matter of seeing Naughty Dog's first fully optimized PS4/PS4 Pro title, as Uncharted still had a lot of stuff left over from PS3. They said that this game was being built on the next evolution of the Naughty Dog Engine, back when they orginally showed it off.

If this is true, then it is possible we could see PS5 as soon as next year. I hope they end up going with seperate CPU and GPU instead of an SOC if that is the case. I still want PS5 to be a worth while leap over PS4, and not just another PS4 Pro. 

Things are about to start getting real fun. We are on the cusp of a new gen, and the leaks are going to start to roll out more and more. I think I might actually enjoy the tech more than the games sometimes.

Have you seen the PS4's sales? Sony are not releasing a console next year. People are jumping ahead of themselves. TLOU just looks amazing, just as GOW shat on everything prior to its release. I don't think a first party has ever shown off next gen software prior to next gen hardware being announced. ND certainly wouldn't do taht without acknowledging it.

Otter said:
KBG29 said:

I was wondering at first, as I didn't see any "Captured on PS4 Pro" or such lingo, but at the TLOUPII panel, they used the phrasing. I think this is just a matter of seeing Naughty Dog's first fully optimized PS4/PS4 Pro title, as Uncharted still had a lot of stuff left over from PS3. They said that this game was being built on the next evolution of the Naughty Dog Engine, back when they orginally showed it off.

If this is true, then it is possible we could see PS5 as soon as next year. I hope they end up going with seperate CPU and GPU instead of an SOC if that is the case. I still want PS5 to be a worth while leap over PS4, and not just another PS4 Pro. 

Things are about to start getting real fun. We are on the cusp of a new gen, and the leaks are going to start to roll out more and more. I think I might actually enjoy the tech more than the games sometimes.

Have you seen the PS4's sales? Sony are not releasing a console next year. People are jumping ahead of themselves. TLOU just looks amazing, just as GOW shat on everything prior to its release. I don't think a first party has ever shown off next gen software prior to next gen hardware being announced. ND certainly wouldn't do taht without acknowledging it.

Sales have jack all to do with when a company releases a new console. Both the PS1 and PS2 did 20M+ the year before their successors come out. It has more to do with advances in tech and when they feel it's time to move on. Considering there's evidence to suggest that Sony is using an existing Ryzen CPU and are right now working with AMD on a Navi based GPU for the PS5,  and it seems we have all the big exclusive announcements we'll get for the PS4, there's a good shot they may release in 2019. They may also wait til 2020, but that will be the absolute latest. 

LipeJJ said:

When I saw the TLOU 1 for the first time, kind of thought the same and boy did they release the remastered version on PS4. 

Otter said:
KBG29 said:

You really don't want to release your new console when your old one's sales performance is dropping hard. While the PS4 sold well off the bat (with the exception of Japan), there was a lot of uncertainty surrounding the console market heading into this generation. Neither Sony nor Microsoft would want that kind of thing to happen again.

I will say this. If the technology is ready and the yields are high enough for Sony to release the PS5 in 2019, they'll go for it. Otherwise, Sony will hold off until 2020. Besides, with the likelihood of backwards compatibility with PS4 games, I don't see the harm in releasing the PS5 in 2019 just as long as the specs aren't gimped.