By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sources: AMD Has Created Navi FOR Sony’s PlayStation 5.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TMFChipFool/status/1005150678023655428?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231005150678023655428

https://mobile.twitter.com/TMFChipFool/status/1005155978604630017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231005155978604630017

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Pemalite said:

Yeah I know. I am just picking apart the article.

Here is another article on it. I’ll add it to the OP. https://wccftech.com/exclusive-amd-navi-gpu-roadmap-cost-zen/

More or less just another Opinion piece.
There is probably factual parts to that story... Which is hard to actually pin down as WCCFTECH doesn't really have any citations or evidence.
But Vega made for Apple isn't one of those factual pieces of information, Vega is again... Graphics Core Next which predates any of Apple's intentions.

It was taken and "customized" for Apple, that is pretty much the extent of it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

LipeJJ said:
Maybe we just "saw " PS5 in action. I mean, The Last of Us 2 looked unbelievably above anything else in the conference. And no, not even Ghost of Tsushima comes close (but to the fair that's an open world game). Maybe they showed PS5's version, I don't know, it doesn't even has a release date yet. Either way, I'm totally impressed.

It does look good but I didn't like Ellie's eyes in the kiss scene. I can't really put my finger on what's wrong but they seemed out of focus or something like that...Like the girl was right in front of her and Ellie's eyes was staring somewhere back in the room.

Incidentally, I see no one else talking about it.

OT:  Man... I really like that window of specifications talks right before a console launch. =) 

A lot of rumors lately about navi/ps5 but nothing really solid. Most solid rumor is still from semiaccurate a while back ago. But so far from everything we gotten points towards a 2020 release with 8 core zen/zen+ (not zen2) with a navi gpu.

Absolutely nothing about the amount of ram or hard drive. I guess those decisions has not been made yet by Sony. I'm guessing between 12-24GB GDDR6 and either 1TB SSD or 1TB mechanical drive with 256gb ssd. This makes the most sense to me at the moment.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

So let me get this straight? Navi is the next gen GPU from amd created primarily but not exclusively with ps5 in mind?

Rumour has it, it's been delayed to better fit Sonys requirements for ps5?

Could a machine with this in 2020 launch at €400?

How powerful is this thing? Are we talking 4k 60fps?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
So let me get this straight? Navi is the next gen GPU from amd created primarily but not exclusively with ps5 in mind?

Rumour has it, it's been delayed to better fit Sonys requirements for ps5?

Could a machine with this in 2020 launch at €400?

How powerful is this thing? Are we talking 4k 60fps?

well its complicated, it seems like because of sony's release road map for PS5, Navi had to be pushed back, So amd has 3 navi tech, Navi 10 which will be ready by the end of 2019, Navi 14 maybe same year and Navi 20 which will be the high end gpu and will arrive after navi 14.

Talking about the power. Navi 10 will be equivalent to vega at 7nm. So considering the navi will use next gen memory, even if sony used laptop version ryzen CPU, 4k 60fps could be achieved. But i think Sony's focus will be to push for higher frame rates for VR.

It seems that Navi 10 which will be cheaper, will be exclusive to PS5 with a custom design from sony coz the info that came out of computex seems like Navi 10 will be for professional use, Navi 14 which will be releasing soon after navi 10 will be available for gamers. (i wont be suprise if MS goes for navi 14.)

Navi 20 will be ready by 2021

I have a really hard time believing it. The semi-custom and embedded part of AMD's business is a lot smaller, in terms of revenue, than their CPU and GPU divisions, so putting the future of their GPU business at risk just to put it inside a console doesn't make business sense.

That said, AMD can have developed Navi as every other GPU, but are now working with Sony to make some customization in the architecture to better suit SOny's needs, something they already did with both the PS4 and PS4 Pro designs.

So, in my opinion, Navi designed for PS5 is false, but a custom Navi design to better suit Sony's needs is more than likely... and if MSoft continues its partnership with AMD, they'll have something custom too, whether it's Navi, Vega or something else, we don't know.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I want PS5 comes in 2020 or 2021

with zen APU (7nm) with 2 X 6 cores = 12 cores with 24 hyper threading enable , and 1 core reserved for with core clock 3,2 Ghz
24 to 32 GB GDDR6 or HBM3 700 Gb/second
Navi based GPU (7nm) with 112 CU (compute unit) with core clock 1550 mhz and can achieve 22 teraflop
2 tera byte hybrid HDD
USB 4.0
Bluetooth version 4.0
2 x USB version 4.0
C-USB or thunderbolt port
Ethernet port
Wireless
Dual layer BD ROM disc up to 60/ layer = 120 GB total , and speed 12 X
DVD Rom speed 24X
CD Rom speed 36X

And price 500 to 550 USD , i don't mind 

HollyGamer said:

with zen APU (7nm) with 2 X 6 cores = 12 cores with 24 hyper threading enable , and 1 core reserved for with core clock 3,2 Ghz
Navi based GPU (7nm) with 112 CU (compute unit) with core clock 1550 mhz and can achieve 22 teraflop

2 tera byte hybrid HDD
USB 4.0
Bluetooth version 4.0
2 x USB version 4.0
Ethernet port
Wireless
DVD Rom speed 24X
CD Rom speed 36X

That would consume at least twice as much power (350 - 400 W) as the original PS4 and come with a series of technicalities which would make it even harder to release, such as an external PSU, water cooling, miss the more efficient energy labels  class etc. and overall make the fat PS3 anbd Xbox One X look like sensible, small, cheap consoles. I don't think you really thought this through. It will be half that which you expect, but maybe a PS5 Pro version from the early to mid 2020s will match those specs though.

haxxiy said:
HollyGamer said:

2 tera byte hybrid HDD
USB 4.0
Bluetooth version 4.0
2 x USB version 4.0
Ethernet port
Wireless
DVD Rom speed 24X
CD Rom speed 36X

That would consume at least twice as much power (350 - 400 W) as the original PS4 and come with a series of technicalities which would make it even harder to release, such as an external PSU, water cooling, miss the more efficient energy labels  class etc. and overall make the fat PS3 anbd Xbox One X look like sensible, small, cheap consoles. I don't think you really thought this through. It will be half that which you expect, but maybe a PS5 Pro version from the early to mid 2020s will match those specs though.

Yeah but it's possible if they use HBM because HBM are using lower TDP and also SONY can learn from Xbox One X technique on TDP optimization by soldering the APU close to the PSU. The 7nm factor also help lowering the TDP