By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I’m from Narvik; Now I’m incredibly excited for Battlefield V!

Pemalite said:
EricHiggin said:

The graphics and game play do look so much better than the original trailer made it look though.

Frostbite games don't tend to have much issue in the graphics department though. EA has kept improving the engine all generation long.

Based on what's been actually getting released I agree. The last 3 or 4 BF games (minus Hardline) have all been visually pleasing as well as SWBF. The initial BFV trailer felt a lot like the Halo Infinite trailer, but in a bad way. Luckily it looks like it wasn't a solid representation of the actual visuals, a lot like how Halo trailers are typically a poor representation of the actual games.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
Pemalite said:

Frostbite games don't tend to have much issue in the graphics department though. EA has kept improving the engine all generation long.

Based on what's been actually getting released I agree. The last 3 or 4 BF games (minus Hardline) have all been visually pleasing as well as SWBF. The initial BFV trailer felt a lot like the Halo Infinite trailer, but in a bad way. Luckily it looks like it wasn't a solid representation of the actual visuals, a lot like how Halo trailers are typically a poor representation of the actual games.

Halo Infinite was more or less just an engine demonstration with a Halo theme.
Some good rendering techniques were showcased in that engine.

Even Hardline I thought wasn't an ugly duckling, not on PC at-least.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
EricHiggin said:

Halo Infinite was more or less just an engine demonstration with a Halo theme.
Some good rendering techniques were showcased in that engine.

Even Hardline I thought wasn't an ugly duckling, not on PC at-least.

In terms of Halo I was talking about past trailers, since we have nothing to compare Infinite to launch wise. I can't speak to PC unfortunately, but while Hardline wasn't eye blistering, it didn't seem to get the polish the rest have been given on console.