By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I’m from Narvik; Now I’m incredibly excited for Battlefield V!

Narvik, thanks to the Norwegians and friendly forces fighting here, was actually the first place during WWII that nazi-Germany suffered a defeat, and is one of the war stories that has been hushed down extremely by the ones who participated, based on the fact of how gruesome it was. Most people fighting here weren’t all soldiers, but also local hunters, farmers and fishers that was way more prepared for the cold climate than the german forces. It’s amazing to see new media putting the spotlight on this important part of story which showed the world that nazi-Germany could be defeated.

What does everyone think of Narvik in BFV? :)
Last edited by Tmfwang - on 10 June 2018

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

It's incredibly cool and maybe it will make me buy one day BFV when it's cheap. Wish i could just buy it separately

Now you can feel like how I felt playing Uncharted: Lost Legacy

It's cool to see a video game rendition of a place you're fond of.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Well, it wasn't only thanks to the Norwegians fighting - we had good help from both polish, french and british forces as well

Teeqoz said:
Well, it wasn't only thanks to the Norwegians fighting - we had good help from both polish, french and british forces as well

Yeah, true :) There’s a lot of polish, french and british memorials here. 

Around the Network

What do I think? I think they could have put anything into the game and it still would still reek of SJW propaganda and forced diversity for the sake of forced diversity.

flashfire926 said:
Now you can feel like how I felt playing Uncharted: Lost Legacy

It's cool to see a video game rendition of a place you're fond of.

It’s just blowing my mind right now, I’d never think a franchise like BF would adapt this :)

Narvik is just 19 000 people, as many as a building in New York :O

Its cool that it takes place here in Norway, but I just cant excited for a BF game. Might watch a stream of that story though.

AlfredoTurkey said:
What do I think? I think they could have put anything into the game and it still would still reek of SJW propaganda and forced diversity for the sake of forced diversity.

They did specifically say this time around it's based on their own version of WW2. Now that could of course be damage control, or maybe they just forgot to mention that, like how Intel forgot to mention its new 28 core CPU was OC'D and being liquid cooled by an air conditioner to hit 5GHz lol.

The graphics and game play do look so much better than the original trailer made it look though.

EricHiggin said:

The graphics and game play do look so much better than the original trailer made it look though.

Frostbite games don't tend to have much issue in the graphics department though. EA has kept improving the engine all generation long.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--