By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official EA Play 2018 E3 Thread. Rate the show.

Rate The Show Out of 10.

10 2 2.22%

9 0 0%

8 0 0%

7 5 5.56%

6 6 6.67%

5 9 10.00%

4 11 12.22%

3 13 14.44%

2 20 22.22%

1 24 26.67%

Total:90

watching on the side now. at the madden section and I honestly cant believe how junk this event is

Around the Network
twintail said:

watching on the side now. at the madden section and I honestly cant believe how junk this event is

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it went downhill after Madden.  They really desecrated another one of their franchises Dungeon Keeper Mobile style.

Giving this one a 2/10 because Unravel 2 looks decent.  That's it.  Overall it was as bad as Nintendo's 2015.

Zach808 said:
twintail said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it went downhill after Madden.  They really desecrated another one of their franchises Dungeon Keeper Mobile style.

Giving this one a 2/10 because Unravel 2 looks decent.  That's it.  Overall it was as bad as Nintendo's 2015.

You know I think that CC mobile game doesnt look that bad. It seems way better than Dungeon Keeper but still sucks that is the current status of that IP.

Unravel 2 was pretty good. Sea of Solitude seems interesting. Really, its the entire presentation that let this conference down. 

twintail said:

Not only was the content shown awful, but the presentation was absolute garbage.

It frustrates me to no end that EA really squanders the Star Wars license the way that they do
Clear missed opportunities on Switch. I don't expect Anthem or Battlefront, but stuff like Unraveled 2, Madden and the Sims clearly should be on the platform.
The more I think about it - would have rather had Bioware make a new KOTOR rather than Anthem.
Showcasing C&C on mobile is a real whiff. That was the part where I laughed and turned the stream off.
Battlefield looks good - but I also expect it to be Battlefield

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Nothing that interests me, nothing I would ever buy. Those days of playing EA games (Deadspace, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge) are really over. What the hell happened to them? I don't know, but I didn't even watch the show, just saw a summary on Kotaku and... meh, lame.

Chazore said:
caffeinade said:

Well we do have companies like Sega, Stardock, and Paradox, creating PC RTS titles for PCs.
Frostpunk and They Are Billions were massive successes, who knows what their developers will accomplish in the future.
Indie developers will grow into large studios, and this time they won't have to sell to companies like EA.

Most of what those companies are making are 4x/TBS and very sparse RTS titles. The sparse part being Sega with Total War, where the only RTS part is the actual battle.

I'm talking TS as in full on C&C, Supreme Commander, AoE and Starcraft, not grid based, 4X, Company of heroes where you "card" units in like it's Yugioh. None of that fluff. Just you, base building and amassing a large army against your foes. That's all I want. The other variations of the strategy genre put me right off.

I grew up with base building and playing on a map, it's what I've wanted to this day. I don't want any cards, any "radio in the troops off the edge of the map", no taking turns or any grid lines.

Sega are also making Age of Empires 4 though. Unless they screw that up, then it should be right up your alley

Ka-pi96 said:

Sega are also making Age of Empires 4 though. Unless they screw that up, then it should be right up your alley

Yes they are, but it isn't exactly them making it out of themw anting to. It's MS's IP and one of Sega's studios has been contracted to make it happen.

It also sadly happens to be the same studio that made the Moba RTS sequel to Dawn of War II =/.

Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yes they are, but it isn't exactly them making it out of themw anting to. It's MS's IP and one of Sega's studios has been contracted to make it happen.

It also sadly happens to be the same studio that made the Moba RTS sequel to Dawn of War II =/.

Didn't the Moba RTS sequel to Dawn of War 2 flop pretty bad though? So chances are they want be copying that for AoE4.

God that girl host was annoying as crap. And the presenters for each of the games seemed to be asleep on stage. Horrible show.