Forums - Gaming Discussion - Out of nowhere DEAD OR ALIVE 6 announced!

shikamaru317 said:

With all the fans already boycotting this game as a result of their SJW pandering? Good luck with that. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:
Was anyone really excited waiting for thi to be revealed?

I don't think anybody was expecting it this soon. When they announced the end of DoA 5 support last year, they did this poorly thought out farewell video that had half the fanbase thinking that the series was over for good, and the other half thinking that it would be at least a few years before DoA 6. Very few would have expected DoA 6 to be announced within 1 year of that farewell video. 

This soon? DOA5 released in 2012... Also, the DOA6 reveal trailer looked like it was running on the PS3. Even MKX, which released 4 years ago - looks better than DOA6, both graphically and mechanically. DOA just isn't relevant anymore... At least not since Itagaki left. There's just no vision in Tecmo anymore. I remember when DOA2 launched first on Dreamcast - there simply wasn't anything else on the market that was like it. 

TranceformerFX said:
shikamaru317 said:

I don't think anybody was expecting it this soon. When they announced the end of DoA 5 support last year, they did this poorly thought out farewell video that had half the fanbase thinking that the series was over for good, and the other half thinking that it would be at least a few years before DoA 6. Very few would have expected DoA 6 to be announced within 1 year of that farewell video. 

This soon? DOA5 released in 2012... Also, the DOA6 reveal trailer looked like it was running on the PS3. Even MKX, which released 4 years ago - looks better than DOA6, both graphically and mechanically. DOA just isn't relevant anymore... At least not since Itagaki left. There's just no vision in Tecmo anymore. I remember when DOA2 launched first on Dreamcast - there simply wasn't anything else on the market that was like it. 

Were we watching the same trailer? The graphics are considerably better than the XB1/PS4 ports of DoA 5, that's for sure, so to say that it looks like a PS3 game is frankly ludicrous. 

DoA 5 Last Round

DoA 6

Look at the texture work on Kasumi's new outfit, that's some pretty detailed leather. Also note the hair in her ponytail in DoA 5 has noticeable straight edges, the hair flows properly in DoA 6. 

Note the particle effects being used for blood and sweet here, there is nothing like that in DoA 5, particle effects are GPU intensive so this simply wouldn't have been possible last gen. 

DoA 5 Last Round

Dead or Alive 6

The improvement in stage/environment graphics is noteworthy as well. Texture work is better in DoA 6. As you can see, the foliage is even further in the distance on this DoA 6 stage than on that DoA 5 stage, yet it is still higher quality foliage than was present in DoA 5 Last Round. DoA 6 also adds global illumination lighting from what I've heard, DoA 5 had baked in lighting. 

Mortal Kombat X

You say that Mortal Kombat X has better graphics, but I'm really not seeing it, they're about on par imo. 

Soul Calibur 6

DoA 6 graphics are about on par with Soul Calibur 6 as well. 

Street Fighter 5

DoA 6 graphics blow Street Fighter V out of the water. 

King of Fighters 14

DoA 6 also stomps on KoF 14 graphically.

As for your 2nd point, about the mechanics, obviously it's too soon to judge the mechanics, we need to play it to be able to properly judge the mechanics. I was quite pleased with DoA 5 mechanically speaking, my only issue with it was the shitty DLC model.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 June 2018

You can't use image stills to judge a games graphics, as they are always edited. I based what I saw from the trailer, not polished images that were edited in a Vector based imaging software.

TranceformerFX said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I'm also not buying the "this soon" argument. I think most people seen it is far to long to the reveal, same with Soul Calibur.

Around the Network

You know, the snowflake pandering reminds me of when Dynamite Entertainment covered up Red Sonja, Vampirella and Dejah Thoris to cater to SJWs. As a surprise to absolutely no one, it blew up in their face, said reboots were cancelled and they desperately tried to win back the fans they burned with said snowflake pandering.

But sure, let's ignore our core audience for people who don't even game, that won't hurt our bottom line at all. 😂

Plus, does anyone actually think SJWs will stop crying about objectification in gaming if KT and TN caters to these snowflakes? HELL TO THE NO!: