By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kotaku: “Crackdown 3 Delayed Till 2019”.

ResidentToxy said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I own all three consoles and use my Xbox One for third/first party online gaming because Xbox One doesn't, for one thing, ever go down for "routine maintenance". Can't tell you how many fucking times I would go on my PS4 to play online and have to put up with that shit. It's inexcusable.

So for me, the Xbox One definitely has its place. Yes, it's lacking in exclusives but, for me, its worth owning for XBL alone.

One could make the same argument for PC gaming. On the other hand, PC gaming has free online. 
Sure, Xbox One doesn't have the same downtime for its servers as PS4's online service. However, that option is available elsewhere. 
I do find it worth noting that specific games on the Xbox One has had severe server issues, such as the Master Chief Collection, which is inexcusable.

Every game ever made and played online has had times where it doesn't work. That is something that you just can't avoid. As for PC gaming, I wish I could get into it but I just can't. I have a Steam account with probably twenty great indie games and have finished exactly none of them. I think it's because I grew up with a controller in my hand and never played on PC. It just feels alien in a lot of ways. All-digital gaming is a large part of that.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
ResidentToxy said:

One could make the same argument for PC gaming. On the other hand, PC gaming has free online. 
Sure, Xbox One doesn't have the same downtime for its servers as PS4's online service. However, that option is available elsewhere. 
I do find it worth noting that specific games on the Xbox One has had severe server issues, such as the Master Chief Collection, which is inexcusable.

Every game ever made and played online has had times where it doesn't work. That is something that you just can't avoid. As for PC gaming, I wish I could get into it but I just can't. I have a Steam account with probably twenty great indie games and have finished exactly none of them. I think it's because I grew up with a controller in my hand and never played on PC. It just feels alien in a lot of ways. All-digital gaming is a large part of that.

Have you tried connecting your controller to your PC?  You don't have to use the keyboard.

I don't envy them. The cloud regularly raining and just disappearing must be a pain to work with.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If its not a cancellation, its a delay. The fuck is happening with MS this generation? Sony brought back the PS3 from the brink of destruction with exclusives. You think they would learn a thing or two from them?

Wasn't expecting a delay, maybe they can use the time to fix the game, because it wasn't looking good for crackdown 3 before.

Does make this year pretty barren for Xbox again, just like 2017.

Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Forza Horizon 4. Barring any surprises that's a very weak year.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Wasn't expecting a delay, maybe they can use the time to fix the game, because it wasn't looking good for crackdown 3 before.

Does make this year pretty barren for Xbox again, just like 2017.

Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Forza Horizon 4. Barring any surprises that's a very weak year.

This might help. Read post #30858. https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-studios-partners-current-and-future-landscape.1061/page-618

UltimateGamer1982 said:
LipeJJ said:
What other exclusive games XB1 has coming this year?

Forza Horizon 4 is a lock. Possibly a new gears or remaster I’d guess. And they already released sea of thieves and state of decay 2. Sure there will be something else revealed Sunday on Xbox’s stage. 

What about Ori and the Will of the Wisps?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

ResidentToxy said:

If you really want a platform with the most optimised third party games, wouldn't it make more sense just to get a PC? The PC gets games that the Xbox doesn't have.

Because not everyone wants to invest into a PC and play on a PC. Its inconvenient to have a PC tower in your living room with a Mouse and Keyboard on a roller table etc like i do in my room haha.

All seriousness PC gaming can replace consoles quite easily, but it comes down to the preference and simplicity.

DirtyP2002 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Forza Horizon 4 is a lock. Possibly a new gears or remaster I’d guess. And they already released sea of thieves and state of decay 2. Sure there will be something else revealed Sunday on Xbox’s stage. 

What about Ori and the Will of the Wisps?

That too. Isn’t that set for October? Can’t remember. 

I took a quick look at wikipedia, and this game actually had a release set for 2016, then got an actual release date for 2017 (November 17th), then got delayed to 2018, and now delayed to 2019. I'm not sure this will ever see the light of day :I

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1