Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Sony PlayStation E3 2018 Thread

twintail said:

Look, the PS5 aint coming in 2021. It will be out by 2020 latest.

Gamescom and PSX are gonna be smaller scale stuff. Maybe SCEJ stuff too (since they dont always use TGS). There is no way any internal studios will have major releases out by 2019. 2020 earliest and by then its PS5 season.

MediEvil had a teaser at PSX with literally nothing to show. Gamescom was the more likelier event to see it again. After all Sony needs stuff for GC and PSX. If anything, I am surprised they didnt hold Tsushima back too, but seemed like a good call. The showing was really good. 

This is in hindsight, but it was a mistake for Sony to announce it during PSX. They should have reiterated to fans that PSX would be very very low key and do not expect new announcements, and saved MediEvil for E3.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Mcube said:
Since there were reports about Sony using the PS4 untill 2021 I hope they throw some good stuff at us at PSX and Gamescom. Im honestly not interested too much in the recent games except Spiderman (Pretty much my most anticipated game right now) and I want to see more about Ghost of tsushima.

Also where was MediEvil?

Look, the PS5 aint coming in 2021. It will be out by 2020 latest.

Gamescom and PSX are gonna be smaller scale stuff. Maybe SCEJ stuff too (since they dont always use TGS). There is no way any internal studios will have major releases out by 2019. 2020 earliest and by then its PS5 season.

MediEvil had a teaser at PSX with literally nothing to show. Gamescom was the more likelier event to see it again. After all Sony needs stuff for GC and PSX. If anything, I am surprised they didnt hold Tsushima back too, but seemed like a good call. The showing was really good. 

I mean I see it coming out at the start of 2021. I expect both TLOU and Cyberpunk to release in 2020 and not earlier. 2019 is gonna be a full year for 3rd party and 2020 is gonna prepare for the switch to the next generation. Im not saying 2020 is unlikely but I think its either end 2020 or start 2021. 

If Sony had their show on one stage, removed the solo musical intros, had a Dreams and Concrete Genie section, and added the 4 games from the weeks run up, they'd have easily had the best conference. Content wise, Sony won E3 easily. The presentation is what let them down in the end. 

The PS5 Exists. 

EspadaGrim said:
Alara317 said:

Why isn't the forum allowing me to +like this or give you an agree or a thumbs up? 

Honestly, PS4 is destroying all other PS consoles for me, personally. I know PS2 was far more successful, but PS4 hasn't really had any gaffes, and 10 years from now I bet the PS4 will still be great while we'll be hesitant to play PS2 games. 

Other than The Order and Knack 1 & 2, Sony's 1st party offering have been near perfect.

Killzone: Shadows Fall;
Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 
There was "No Man Sky" that was heavily associated with Playstation 4.

Also, "Gran Turismo" Sport was also a steep drop from the series standards. 

Maybe this PS4 generation will be remembered by third-person action adventures were characters become invisible when they crouch in high grass. 

My crazy prediction
Gamescom 2018- Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay. New BioShock/System Shock announcement. The Avengers Project.

Tokyo Games Show 2018 - Shenmue 3 release date. Legend of Dragoon Remake. FF7R info.

Paris Games Week - Dreams release date. Concrete Genie Release date. Wild info/release date.

PSX 2018 - BluePoint's next game. Bloodborne 2. Syphone Filter.

PSX/Sony Conference/E3 - New Hardware news. Superman. Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Agent.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

Maybe this PS4 generation will be remembered by third-person action adventures were characters become invisible when they crouch in high grass. 

Yes, because that one similarity is all that matters. Let's just ignore the several other differences each 1st party game has that differentiates each one.... You were already warned from CGI from another thread to drop the baiting. I suggest that you do so here, as well.

And how is R&C a snafu when it had great reception and enjoyed the most sales the series ever had?

Dark_Feanor said:
EspadaGrim said:

Other than The Order and Knack 1 & 2, Sony's 1st party offering have been near perfect.

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

KZ: SF was actually a pretyt solid game. Drive club is freaking amazing! It was released half done but now it is freaking great. And what was the issue with Rachet and Clank....I haven't really heard many complaints about that one?

Agree about GT: Sport

And a low....and false blow at the end....but hey to each his/her own.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Dark_Feanor said:
EspadaGrim said:

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

Wrong. Ratchet & Clank was both critically hailed and a commercial success. Try again. 

(Though yes, Killzone and Drive Club were not good) 

Dark_Feanor said:
EspadaGrim said:

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

I take it you don't like Sony. That was brutal even for the most devote haters that downplay other platforms. Not the most brutal, but still brutal.

PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron