By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019

Pretty conflicted about the whole Messi situation. Sad that it had to end this way and that he will play for PSG of all teams, but at the same time I am happy he won't wreck havoc in the Premier League.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

We will never know if he could do it on a cold rainy night at Stoke...

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

PSG? barf. Premier League... or Juve to play with CR7 and close this chapter of their ending careers.

I feel sentimental. I have been following Messi for almost half of my life, no other player has delivered year over year for as long as he did. His consistency make the greats of football careers seem short-lived in comparison.

Yeah, not thrilled that it'll probably be PSG. But hey that was Ronaldinho's (also one of the greatest ever!) team before Barcelona. It also means we'll see Messi and Sergio Ramos playing together on the same team.

Honestly, kind of wish he'd go to Real Madrid. Seems a near impossible scenario, but it would without a doubt go down as the most famous (or infamous) transfer of all time!

Messi going to the Premier League would be at this point England's only way for football to come home.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Sounds like it's a done deal. Messi going to Paris today to sign the paperwork.

Crazy money though. A €25m signing bonus up front, plus €25m per year after tax, that's basically €50m per year gross pay then, or around €960k per week. Wow!

If PSG don't end up winning the UCL this season though... wow! Messi, Neymar and Mbappe up front. Sergio Ramos in defence and Donnarumma in goal? That's an insane team!

Edit: Also, I'm willing to bet that Barca and PSG end up playing each other in the UCL this year too!

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 10 August 2021

Ka-pi96 said:

If PSG don't end up winning the UCL this season though... wow! Messi, Neymar and Mbappe up front. Sergio Ramos in defence and Donnarumma in goal? That's an insane team!

Not happening, it's coming back home.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

Joining one of the least competitive leagues, what a snooze. I hope they get off knocked off as early as possible.

mZuzek said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Not happening, it's coming back home.

Nah, I don't think Real Madrid's team is good enough to win it this year.

PSG wasted no time signing him. They already have the graphics ready and everything.

Whenever a player I'm following ends up going to PSG, I wish they didn't. But this time was different. This was one of the teams I was hoping for, because I know Messi wanted to play with Neymar again, and he was often talking to Neymar about coming back to Barca.

The league being less challenging is a drawback, but I think the biggest priority is to be able to play the best football you want to play, while you still can. And that has a lot to do with the people around you. They'll get their challenge in UCL.

Last edited by Hiku - on 11 August 2021