By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Football Thread 20/21 UCL Quarter Finals

         

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

 

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%
 
Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%
 
 
Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
zumnupy10 said:
Metallox said:

1. Today was the first time that two Englishmen score in one Champions League match for Chelsea since 2012 against Napoli.
2. Chelsea faced a Portuguese team in the quarter-finals in 2012 as well, Benfica.
3. England defeated San Marino 5-0 both in 2012 and 2021.
4. 2012 can be changed to 2021.

Admit it, the Orejona is coming to London this year.

I think he/she is referring to the fact that the Champions League trophy has handles that look like two human ears. 

Orejona = eared

Ah, right. It's sometimes referred to as the big eared trophy in English too.

Chelsea winning it certainly isn't impossible, but I think they'll struggle vs Real in the next round so I'd be surprised if they're even in the final.



Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
zumnupy10 said:

I think he/she is referring to the fact that the Champions League trophy has handles that look like two human ears. 

Orejona = eared

Ah, right. It's sometimes referred to as the big eared trophy in English too.

Chelsea winning it certainly isn't impossible, but I think they'll struggle vs Real in the next round so I'd be surprised if they're even in the final.

You don't think there's a good chance that Liverpool defeats Real Madrid next week? 2-0 seems like a very easy score for the Reds. 



Metallox said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Ah, right. It's sometimes referred to as the big eared trophy in English too.

Chelsea winning it certainly isn't impossible, but I think they'll struggle vs Real in the next round so I'd be surprised if they're even in the final.

You don't think there's a good chance that Liverpool defeats Real Madrid next week? 2-0 seems like a very easy score for the Reds. 

Based on how they've been playing lately I don't think a 2-0 win vs Real Madrid would be easy at all for them. Perhaps last season when they were at the top of their game it would've been, but at the moment they're just not at the same level.



Metallox said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Ah, right. It's sometimes referred to as the big eared trophy in English too.

Chelsea winning it certainly isn't impossible, but I think they'll struggle vs Real in the next round so I'd be surprised if they're even in the final.

You don't think there's a good chance that Liverpool defeats Real Madrid next week? 2-0 seems like a very easy score for the Reds. 

Having to win any game 2-0 is hardly an impossible task, but we've been playing like shit for a very long time now, so it does become hard to believe. I do think it's funny how Ka-pi is taking it for granted, but I can't blame him. I had more faith in overturning the 0-3 against Barcelona than this.



mZuzek said:
Metallox said:

You don't think there's a good chance that Liverpool defeats Real Madrid next week? 2-0 seems like a very easy score for the Reds. 

Having to win any game 2-0 is hardly an impossible task, but we've been playing like shit for a very long time now, so it does become hard to believe. I do think it's funny how Ka-pi is taking it for granted, but I can't blame him. I had more faith in overturning the 0-3 against Barcelona than this.

I don't think I'm taking it for granted. I'm certainly not saying it's impossible, just that it wouldn't be "very easy". Neither Real nor Liverpool are the force they used to be and I would've said it was about 50/50 before the first leg, but now Real are the ones that are 3-1 up so they're definitely the favourites to go through for me.



Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Metallox said:

You don't think there's a good chance that Liverpool defeats Real Madrid next week? 2-0 seems like a very easy score for the Reds. 

Having to win any game 2-0 is hardly an impossible task, but we've been playing like shit for a very long time now, so it does become hard to believe. I do think it's funny how Ka-pi is taking it for granted, but I can't blame him. I had more faith in overturning the 0-3 against Barcelona than this.

I don't know, it's not like Real Madrid are playing like a super stellar team either. I think Liverpool's chances to advance are still very fat, if you ask me. Porto is the one that has a very rough scenario, but you never know. 



Metallox said:
mZuzek said:

Having to win any game 2-0 is hardly an impossible task, but we've been playing like shit for a very long time now, so it does become hard to believe. I do think it's funny how Ka-pi is taking it for granted, but I can't blame him. I had more faith in overturning the 0-3 against Barcelona than this.

I don't know, it's not like Real Madrid are playing like a super stellar team either. I think Liverpool's chances to advance are still very fat, if you ask me. Porto is the one that has a very rough scenario, but you never know. 

They're not, but even their current side looked considerably superior on Tuesday and now they have a 2-goal advantage. Add our woeful Anfield form to that, no fans, it's hard to believe. I still have a little bit of faith though.



Ka-pi96 said:

Good game between Bayern and PSG. PSG managed to do what they couldn't last year and beat them. There's only 1 goal in it though so the 2nd leg should be interesting for sure. Pretty crazy to see snow during a game in April too!

An expected result for Chelsea, they should get through the semis quite easily. Pretty funny that they had one of the toughest teams in the competition in the 1st knockout round and then a relatively easy match up in the quarters. Can't really see them beating Real in the semis, but they did knockout Atletico so you never know.

That’s a really weak assessment of what happened on Wednesday’s match. Porto played much better than Chelsea and the stats prove it. Chelsea converted the 2 goal opportunities they had but could’ve come out of that match losing it. Porto choked Chelsea midfield and took the strikers off the game. It was a much harder game for Chelsea. Mendy had a busy night.



Today I discovered that if your hand is offside, you're offside.



What Liverpool's training ground looks like