Forums - Sports Discussion - Football Thread 20/21 UCL Quarter Finals

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
Wyrdness said:
7-2 now this season is just odd at this point.

The results are great, all over the place. I like how they report results too, Man U losing loads of Tottenham, it's Man U they talk about. Saints lost big to Tottenham and we got 'thrashed', Man City lost by the same score to Leicester and Man City are 'shocked'. Liverpool are 'stunned' by Villa, not thrashed? :P

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

The EPL has gone mad seriously teams are literally flipping coins on how they'll perform in a match at this point coupled with the insanely high number of goals being scored.

Can't help but think the messed up coronavirus summer is largely to blame for this.

nothing to see in the eredivisie move along peeps

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The Fury said:
Wyrdness said:
7-2 now this season is just odd at this point.

The results are great, all over the place. I like how they report results too, Man U losing loads of Tottenham, it's Man U they talk about. Saints lost big to Tottenham and we got 'thrashed', Man City lost by the same score to Leicester and Man City are 'shocked'. Liverpool are 'stunned' by Villa, not thrashed? :P

You don't get it. If you watched the game, you'd have noticed how Villa got lucky multiple times, we were always in with a fighting chance. "Stunned" feels like a fitting description of how the game went.

Yeah, we always had a chance.

We just got unlucky, that's all.

It was an even game.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wyrdness said:

The EPL has gone mad seriously teams are literally flipping coins on how they'll perform in a match at this point coupled with the insanely high number of goals being scored.

Can't help but think the messed up coronavirus summer is largely to blame for this.

I think that contributed to it as well as the lack of crowds but one has to wonder what training regimes must be like under the current situation as even in other leagues teams are looking off, I can't think of a single season where every team just look so random in how they're playing. As far as the EPL goes if this keeps up we may very well see a team pull off a Leicester I know the are jokes about Everton pulling off a shock but I'll tell you what James Rodriguez is not a bad addition for any team I'm surprised no other team went for him.

Around the Network

I tried staying up overnight to watch the game and ended up failing miserably.

After seeing this image, I don't think I regret sleeping.

And this one, too.

No booking, no foul. VAR didn't even bother checking.

Van Dijk out for the whole season. What the fucking shit.

It's going to be one of those seasons I have no idea how that goal was offside even when looking at VAR, I'm far from a Liverpool fan but what... That was as bad as the decision that denied Nigeria a penalty against Argentina.

Literally felt my heart split in two when Lanzini's goal went in. What a goal though, holy shit.

Wolfsburg remains undefeated in the Bundesliga. That's worth 13th place right now.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments