Forums - Sports Discussion - Football Thread 20/21 A new season is upon us!

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
brendude13 said:
mZuzek said:
Yeah, right now everyone's saying we're playing like crap cause we don't care, but... I don't feel that's the case. I feel like the players are definitely at least trying to care, and trying to put in good performances, and all. Kinda sucks that we didn't get the record, but, moreso I'm concerned about next season now.

Winning two in a row is very rare. Teams seem to slow down when they feel they've hit their ceiling and achieved what they set out to achieve.

It wasn't very rare for Liverpool back in the day, or Manchester United more recently. I think that sort of thing is what every Liverpool fan is hoping for right now, as for some time it looked that way, like we were by far the best team out there, both on the pitch and outside of it. But then again, it probably looked that way for City too.

Around the Network

If there was ever a time for Kroenke to inject his own money into the club it's now. It's Arteta's first gig at the wheel and he beat both Klopp & Pep the same week.. sure the Pool win was some shithousery stuff and loads of luck but Pep got outsmarted and outplayed. Great stuff.

Kroenke won't do shit though :(

Is it just me in feeling that football matches and results right now don't feel... "real"? Like, without the crowds and stuff, it just kinda feels like things don't work the same way. Like they changed the game's rules or something (well, I mean, they did change a couple, but that's not what I mean). Maybe it's just because I'm watching a team who already won the league, but I really feel a general strangeness emanating from football.

Not gonna lie, I haven't been able to get excited at all about the sport since its restart. The fans play too big a role.

mZuzek said:
Is it just me in feeling that football matches and results right now don't feel... "real"? Like, without the crowds and stuff, it just kinda feels like things don't work the same way. Like they changed the game's rules or something (well, I mean, they did change a couple, but that's not what I mean). Maybe it's just because I'm watching a team who already won the league, but I really feel a general strangeness emanating from football.

Not gonna lie, I haven't been able to get excited at all about the sport since its restart. The fans play too big a role.

No it's not just you. Doesn't feel the same without fans and I haven't bothered to watch other teams besides Arsenal.

KiigelHeart said:
mZuzek said:

No it's not just you. Doesn't feel the same without fans and I haven't bothered to watch other teams besides Arsenal.

I don't usually watch games that don't involve Liverpool to begin with but I haven't been excited about our own games either, in fact I didn't watch the game against Arsenal because I... just, like, completely forgot about it.

Maybe for some it's weird saying this as I'm a TV fan, but yeah, the lack of fans is just super weird. Makes it even worse when the broadcaster decides to add some fake crowd noises.

Around the Network

That stuff wasn't half bad

Leicester having been 2nd for much of the season are the team who end up dropping out of the top 4 and in ugly fashion at that everyone was focused on United and Chelsea but failed to notice Leicester began self destructing.

Wow, only 66pts were needed to get 3rd place. Its a long time since the bar was that low for finishing top 3.

I watched some 10-15 mins of that Leicester game, and switched back to Liverpool's after that pathetic penalty. Having not watched other teams' matches for a while, it really put in perspective just how much better we are - both United and Leicester fighting for a place in the Champions League looked incredibly lethargic, whereas Liverpool was having all sorts of fun playing for nothing against Newcastle. Nothing other than equalling a win record, I guess, I don't think anyone cares.

Cue the Manchester United fans thinking they'll be winning trophies left and right next year.

Really disappointed with the end of the season.

Would have loved to have seen Leicester in the Champions League again. Especially after they'd looked like they'd be achieving that for the majority of the season.

Bournemouth relegated too, that sucks. They played some good football, their red/black colour scheme is awesome and I'm a fan of Eddie Howe (would love to see him get a top job one day). Plus I have a soft spot for them since I'm a southerner.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702