QF 6/7: Uruguay 1 - 2 France, Brazil 2 - Belgium 0

QF 7/7: Russia 0 - 1 Croatia, Sweden 1 - England 2

Around the Network

Quarter finals
France beats Uruguay
Brazil beats Belgium
Croatia beats Russia
Sweden beats England

Once again when the quarterfinals start every team I care about is out. I'm not sure if I can get excited for future World Cups it's the same thing every time.

Mark Geiger is probably the worst football referee I've ever seen.

England is one of the weakest teams in the tournament alongside with Russia.

It will be interesting to see Belgium meet England in the finals because it would be the second time they met this world cup, seeing how they are from the same group.
Same for Uruguay and Russia I believe.

I don't think Belgium has what it takes to beat Brazil. Their comeback against Japan was fantastic but I don't credit them for it. Japan beat Japan that day. Japan's inexperience caused them to cough up the ball when they should have been playing conservatively after their first two goals. That final corner kick is a perfect example of how careless and inexperienced they were. Some would argue that they were going for the win because of their lack of stamina going into extra time but they put themselves into that predicament way before the tie.

Belgium is an explosive attacking team but their defense sucks. Brazil has one of the best defenses this world cup and they only gave up one goal so far (I think). Unless Brazil doesn't show up at all, they should when against Belgium.

I'm rooting for Russia against Croatia because it would be the perfect underdog story if they continue winning. And because when the headlines that the Russians were using enhancement drugs during the world cup, the lulz will be endless.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
England’s path to the final is so easy now that it would take massive flops not to reach the grand finale.

You think beating Croatia would be easy?

QF

uru-fra 3-1

Bra-bel 0-1

Rus-kro 0-2

Swe-eng 1-2

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

France 2 - 0 Uruguay
Belgium 1 - 3 Brazil 
Croatia 3 - 0 Russia 
England 2 - 1 Sweden

Hmm, pie.

$VG bet on the outcome of individual World Cup matches would have been a better system than the point system. The winner(s) of the point system gets a virtual pant on the back for winning this Predictions League.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

$VG bet on the outcome of individual World Cup matches would have been a better system than the point system. The winner(s) of the point system gets a virtual pant on the back for winning this Predictions League.

You just want more vg$ dont you? I love the idea. Ill pitch it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.