By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
mZuzek said:

Wow, just saw the news, pretty shocking stuff, feels like it came out of nowhere. Also shocking is how most of the coaching staff is leaving along with Klopp, so there won't be much continuity after his work, really more of a fresh start. Hopefully we get a good manager in to replace him, maybe Xabi Alonso is the answer? Either way, really hope we send him off with a Premier League title.

Alonso is favourite right now on betting apps. I might have had my gripes with Klopp over the years but never as a manager. Thought he moaned about certain rules a bit too much, they don't need 5 subs for example, but how he's managed Liverpool has been superb. He never seemed to go around just splashing cash on players and seems to still get the best from who he did get. Well, time will tell on Nunez. :P

Jose 25/1, btw.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Man, this thread should be labeled EPL.
An amazing AFCON going on right now, with some heart pounding 💓 plays and goals; and there’s not a mention of it. Asia cup is entertaining as well.

Goatseye said:

Man, this thread should be labeled EPL.
An amazing AFCON going on right now, with some heart pounding plays and goals; and there's not a mention of it. Asia cup is entertaining as well.

Truth be told as a Liverpool fan I rarely watch anything they're not involved in, in terms of international football I only care about my country, Argentina. I'm admittedly pretty "selfish" when it comes to football, I almost never watch something that doesn't pertain to my teams.

That said I saw that Egypt got knocked out of AFCON today and I'm sad for Mo Salah, I hoped he could finally win it this time but it ended up being a disaster tournament for him with the injury and now the early exit. Wonder who's gonna win the tournament, the group stages were full of upsets, I'll definitely watch the final. I imagine Senegal have to be favourites, given they won the last one and have won every game so far.

The front runners are Morocco and Senegal for sure. Then you have little teams in name that are playing compact and cohesive throughout their sectors, which is messing up the chances of teams that play for their stars.

Underdogs are Cabo Verde, Mauritânia, Angola and DRC. Senegal and Morocco will be challenged to the limit.

Goatseye said:

The front runners are Morocco and Senegal for sure. Then you have little teams in name that are playing compact and cohesive throughout their sectors, which is messing up the chances of teams that play for their stars.

Underdogs are Cabo Verde, Mauritânia, Angola and DRC. Senegal and Morocco will be challenged to the limit.

I've been keeping up, I always watch Ghana, as have loved their style of play for years but they lacked here.

But yeah Senegal for the win in this for me, we will see.

My weekend was paying attention to Maidstone though, beating Premier League contenders from 97 places difference. Love it.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Goatseye said:

I've been keeping up, I always watch Ghana, as have loved their style of play for years but they lacked here.

But yeah Senegal for the win in this for me, we will see.

My weekend was paying attention to Maidstone though, beating Premier League contenders from 97 places difference. Love it.

Man, English cup is the saving grace of soccer in those parts.
I can't get excited for EPL. It's the same old Man City vs Liverpool of late.
Arsenal are serial bottlers and ManU are...yuck!

Can't say I ever expected South Africa to be winning this AFCON, let alone in a final against DR Congo, so many upsets. Similarly shocked at Jordan beating Korea on their way to the final which they expectedly lost to the hosts.

Also crazy was Leverkusen's humbling of Bayern today - as a Liverpool fan I get excited about the prospect of Xabi Alonso potentially joining us, though I'm unsure if that'll even happen to begin with. And really, the only reason they're doing so well is because of the Harry Kane curse

mZuzek said:

Can't say I ever expected South Africa to be winning this AFCON, let alone in a final against DR Congo, so many upsets. Similarly shocked at Jordan beating Korea on their way to the final which they expectedly lost to the hosts.

Pretty sure the final is Nigeria vs Cote d'Ivoire. South Africa won the third place play off.

drbunnig said:
mZuzek said:

Pretty sure the final is Nigeria vs Cote d'Ivoire. South Africa won the third place play off.

UHHH, yeah I saw that wrong. Now that you mention it, I do remember people talking about how Ivory Coast got to the final by firing their manager mid-tournament and all that stuff.

Well that's embarrassing.

Just watched the final, wow that game was electrifying!! Way better than those Senegal v Egypt drabs of a couple years back, amazing for Ivory Coast to win it like that, they played better throughout but they didn't let their heads dropped when Nigeria scored. And just the whole story with the whole manager thing, to see Drogba celebrating on the touchline, what a crazy ending