Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
Carl said:

That second bracket is very European.

Around the Network

Kapi if i repredict the final round with the actual teams that got there do i lose points vs what i initially predicted?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Carl said:

Interesting. If Colombia finishes second in group H, then all South American teams will be stacked on the left side. The right side will have seven European teams.

It's hard to call one side stronger than the other though. While the left side has more of the big football nations, hardly any of them have played convincing football in this tournament. On the right side you have lesser European teams and Spain, but most of them play as real teams with disciplined defense and have players who can score; those teams have already proved that they shouldn't be underestimated by getting wins or draws against the teams on the left side.

Imo the main point is : rigged setup

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

mZuzek said:
RolStoppable said:

I don't have a high opinion of African and Asian teams, that's how. Almost everyone in these football threads knows that Poland is mediocre, but still... I expected them to be good enough to prevail against Japan and Senegal, and finish second in group H.

Hindsight is 20/20. Poland was sooooo Poland at this World Cup.

Eh, Senegal was obviously the cream of Africa, even if that doesn't mean much. Colombia was also a no-brainer, and yeah, Japan was surprising. That said, it was always obvious Poland was gonna Poland, at least to me, so I get that 5-point bonus too (except I don't, because Senegal and Colombia won't both go through).

I'm also certain Poland will win. That's just what they did in 2002 and 2006, lost their first two games and won their third after already being eliminated.

BraLoD said:
Hiku said:

Guess who is the exception :D

Who?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
HomokHarcos said:

I'm also certain Poland will win. That's just what they did in 2002 and 2006, lost their first two games and won their third after already being eliminated.

There's a catch to that. In both 2002 and 2006 Poland played against a team that had nothing to play for anymore. Not this time.

No the USA were very close to going out in 2002. They entered that game only needing a draw to guarantee advancement but lost 1-3 and had to be bailed out by Korea's win over Portugal, just like they bailed out Mexico today.

England 2-3 Belgium
Panama 1-2 Tunisia
Senegal 1-1 Colombia
Japan 2-0 Poland

Japan vs Poland 2-2
Senegal vs Colombia 1-2
Panama vs Tunisia 1-3
England vs Belgium 0-0

Japan 2 - 1 Poland
Senegal 2 - 2 Colombia
Panama 0 - 1 Tunisia
England 3 - 3 Belgium

HomokHarcos said:
1994: Argentina 2-1 Nigeria
2002: Argentina 1-0 Nigeria
2010: Argentina 1-0 Nigeria
2014: Argentina 3-2 Nigeria
2018: Argentina 2-1 Nigeria

Nigeria is pretty consistent at nearly drawing Argentina [facepalm]. 

I was rooting for them this time and it was same old, once again.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]