By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
The Fury said:

Talk about bad press. Man City already pulling out, Chelsea too. Woodward has resigned.

Interesting that they couldn't handle what was obviously going to be a huge backlash. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

How were they not prepared for this shitstorm? I was glad to see so many legends coming to speak their mind against this these past few days, even against their own former clubs.

Metallox said:

Interesting that they couldn't handle what was obviously going to be a huge backlash. 

Mummelmann said:

How were they not prepared for this shitstorm? I was glad to see so many legends coming to speak their mind against this these past few days, even against their own former clubs.

If they made a decision in but a few days "to save football", and over the weekend, kinda wonder if these millionaires didn't even consult their PR teams before. Which left it up to no one but these rich idiots to explain why they are doing it.

Hmm, pie.

real is the root of all evil

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Off topic, but shows revolving around soccer are rare. If anyone hasn’t seen Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ yet, it’s really good. My favorite new show in a long time. Good whether you like soccer or not, but I think it’s a bonus if you do.

Around the Network

There are supposedly talks going on right now between the 12 founders' executives to dissolve the league. Maybe they agreed to something with UEFA, but it doesn't look like it.

EDIT: Ok, I'm slow, thing is officially dead after all English teams exited the project. What a shitshow. 

Last edited by Metallox - on 20 April 2021

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

bayern made a good call even if they deffo were in talks

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Glad it's dead lol

A good development, glad the project is dying. But, it shows that European football is rotten and that the most greedy buyer's teams only care about one thing. It's becoming a farce now with players regularly being valued at 100 million euros or more, teams being neck-deep in debts, and being so fond of earnings that they're willing to jeopardize their main source of income; the fans. This needs to stop, the regulations in place are obviously not enough.

So now that it seems this nonsense is done and dusted, can we all focus on what's important and laugh at Jose Mourinho? The only manager in history of football who's sacked from Super League club.