By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019

I'm eager to see when this season finishes with 0 trophies for Liverpool.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Metallox said:
I'm eager to see when this season finishes with 0 trophies for Liverpool.

I hope you're excited to watch Manchester United lift the Premier League.

Kinda wish United finished in a sub10th position. I don't support them, btw. I don't like teams that wear red simply because I dislike red. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Rashford must have used psychic powers for that freekick as it straight up dodged the keeper of its own accord and the Liverpool/Arsenal was a circus of who can throw the match the hardest and Arsenal edged it.

Wyrdness said:
Rashford must have used psychic powers for that freekick as it straight up dodged the keeper of its own accord and the Liverpool/Arsenal was a circus of who can throw the match the hardest and Arsenal edged it.

They almost pull another 7-6 like that one between Arsenal and Reading a lot of years ago. Too bad it didn't happen. 

mZuzek said:
This has possibly been one of the ugliest games I've seen. The sheer lack of quality on display was fascinating.

That was the most exciting and entertaining game from Emery's Arsenal this season :D Yes it has been that bad.

Of course this fool lost the game with his subs again. Midfield completely lost. Would have been nice for our youngsters to crab s win at Anfield but oh well..one step closer to sacking this bum. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
KiigelHeart said:

That was the most exciting and entertaining game from Emery's Arsenal this season :D Yes it has been that bad.

Of course this fool lost the game with his subs again. Midfield completely lost. Would have been nice for our youngsters to crab s win at Anfield but oh well..one step closer to sacking this bum.

To be fair, it was quite entertaining. And um, that'd have been nice for your youngsters, but it's not exactly like we were playing our first team either. We didn't have senior players even on the bench.

Yeah Klopp was basically just having fun out there, subbing in more kids while Emery was like a man drowning :P 

Had he not subbed off Özil I think we would've won it. Doesn't make much difference though other than Emery exposed himself again. 

mZuzek said:
KiigelHeart said:

Yeah Klopp was basically just having fun out there, subbing in more kids while Emery was like a man drowning :P 

Had he not subbed off Özil I think we would've won it. Doesn't make much difference though other than Emery exposed himself again. 

Yeah, the contrast between the two managers was actually crazy. Arsenal score, Klopp laughing. Liverpool score, Emery looking like he'd rather be anywhere else.

Ozil definitely was the one player on the pitch clearly more talented than anyone else, regardless of his current form or situation at the club. Either way, it's not like this performance will change his position there, will it? To be honest, I'm surprised Emery was willing to field him at all.

It's a mess right now. I'm certain Emery simply tried to throw him under the bus. He knows Özil lacks match sharpness so he expected him to fail and get all the critizism. So Emery could hide behind his players again, the coward he is. 

How he treats Özil is very similar to him and Ben Arfa at PSG. In fact, everything happening at Arsenal right now is what happened at other clubs he's managed. Too bad I didn't do my research on Emery and actually had faith in him being a good tactician.

I've never seen a manager as bad as Emery.

mZuzek said:
KiigelHeart said:
I've never seen a manager as bad as Emery.

I have.

I don't believe you.

mZuzek said:
KiigelHeart said:

I don't believe you.

Believe me, you don't know true trash.

You got 17 points from 11 games. I've seen Liverpool with fewer points than that, sitting in 9th place at this stage of the season - and that was right after a very out-of-the-curve 2-0 win over Chelsea. Before that, we had 12 points from 10 games. And in regards to the manager's relationship with the media, the fans, and his players, it was even worse.

Your lot just lost an European final a few months ago, no one was screaming Emery out until recent weeks. Not saying you shouldn't be, the guy's definitely out of his depth... but it's nowhere as bad as Liverpool were 9 years ago. We were struggling to stay in the top half of the table. You're mad because you just drew 3 games in a row. We lost at home to Blackpool. And knocked out of the League Cup by Northampton... at home.

Actually it's one loss and 2 draws in a row. I am mad because Emery failed to secure CL last season, it was the worst collapse I've ever seen. He failed miserably at EL final too. Then he got backed by the board and got decent signings to improve his squad and yes, I though he'd improve. But there hasn't been a single convincing performance this season. 17 points doesn't matter much because it's only because Aubameyang's form.

There isn't a game plan. He still hasn't figured out his formation or starting 11. Our opponent doesn't seem to matter, we always let them take control and dictate what happens on the pitch. He has lost points from leading position 3 times this season, it's always the same story. Today, Wolverhampton got 25 shots against us and this is business as usual this season. 

He has also lost the dressing room and we are going backwards. Even during Wenger's final season, with a worse squad, Emirates Stadium was a fortress. Now we let bottom-half teams outshoot us there and control the match.

Believe me, I know true trash :D Every other manager has an identity & gameplan of some sort. This guy really doesn't.