** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
RolStoppable said:
mjk45 said:

Being from the Australian state of Tasmania. SV Tasmania Berlin piqued my interest, do you know anything about their history  Rol ?

The club is infamous for its sole Bundesliga season which was and is by far the worst season any team ever played. Fewest points, fewest goals scored, most goals conceded.

Beyond that, I have to consult Wikipedia. Apparently their entry to the Bundesliga was the result of a series of events. Hertha BSC didn't get a license for the Bundesliga because they didn't fulfill the financial guidelines, but there were people pushing for a club from West Berlin to be in the Bundesliga. Eventually it was decided that the Bundesliga was expanded from 16 teams to 18, so everyone could be happy. So with the exception of the first two seasons (16 teams) and 1991/92 (20 teams because of the fusion of West and East Germany's football leagues), the Bundesliga had 18 teams.

Tasmania's poor performance in the Bundesliga led to a sharp drop in the size of the audience. Their season opener had more than 81.5k visitors, but eventually they set an all-time low with an audience of 827. The club holds a variety of other all-time worst records in the Bundesliga.

The club had to file for bankruptcy in 1973 and since then an offspring with a very similar name carried on the torch; officially it's not a direct successor. Said club plays in the sixth-highest class, so it isn't remotely close to the Bundesliga (class 1 to 3).

Thank you Rol, I appreciate your time and effort in gathering that information for me cheers.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Just like that the entire title race is open again.

Ka-pi96 said:
The other day Liverpool had the chance to go 7 clear at the top, instead the gap is now down to only 3pts. Thanks West Ham! We can go top if we beat Everton in the week, we'll have played a game more but we'd be top of the league, that will really ramp up the pressure on Liverpool. Only issue is Chelsea at the weekend, Everton certainly aren't easy either so winning both of those game will be a challenge.

Everton? A challenge? They'd rather lose and get relegated if it meant we didn't win the title. Straightforward win guaranteed.

mjk45 said:
RolStoppable said:

The club is infamous for its sole Bundesliga season which was and is by far the worst season any team ever played. Fewest points, fewest goals scored, most goals conceded.

Beyond that, I have to consult Wikipedia. Apparently their entry to the Bundesliga was the result of a series of events. Hertha BSC didn't get a license for the Bundesliga because they didn't fulfill the financial guidelines, but there were people pushing for a club from West Berlin to be in the Bundesliga. Eventually it was decided that the Bundesliga was expanded from 16 teams to 18, so everyone could be happy. So with the exception of the first two seasons (16 teams) and 1991/92 (20 teams because of the fusion of West and East Germany's football leagues), the Bundesliga had 18 teams.

Tasmania's poor performance in the Bundesliga led to a sharp drop in the size of the audience. Their season opener had more than 81.5k visitors, but eventually they set an all-time low with an audience of 827. The club holds a variety of other all-time worst records in the Bundesliga.

The club had to file for bankruptcy in 1973 and since then an offspring with a very similar name carried on the torch; officially it's not a direct successor. Said club plays in the sixth-highest class, so it isn't remotely close to the Bundesliga (class 1 to 3).

Thank you Rol, I appreciate your time and effort in gathering that information for me cheers.

I found out about Tasmania being the name of the club. The predecessor of SV Tasmania  Berlin was SC Tasmania Berlin and it was founded in 1900 by a group of people whose plan to immigrate to Tasmania fell through, they then founded the club and named it after the place they never got to see.

Pogba for the first time in his career scores more than 10 in a season.

Around the Network

Oh dear it'll be 6-0 to Man City if this keeps up.

Jesus Christ.

Chelsea drop to 6th due to GD as a result.

Now that was a bloodbath.

KiigelHeart said:
We'll be a boogey team for them again after Emery builds his squad ;)

Arsenal being a boogey team snot going to happen.