Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumoured - Perfect Dark/Joanna Dark

Would you buy a Tomb Raider styled Perfect Dark game?

YES! 9 75.00%

No. 3 25.00%

Total:12

I don't see what good it would do to turn Perfect Dark into a TPS. Just...make a damn Perfect Dark game.

If they really want a 3rd person game I'd much rather see them resurrect Jet Force Gemini.

Around the Network

Sounds like a good direction to take it.

Yes if it will be a good game, then definitely yes.

Third person shooter might be interesting.
While I have no faith in Rare, I'd love for there to be another good Perfect Dark game.
Spent many hours playing the original. Both the campaign and multiplayer were fun.

forest-spirit said:
I don't see what good it would do to turn Perfect Dark into a TPS. Just...make a damn Perfect Dark game.

If they really want a 3rd person game I'd much rather see them resurrect Jet Force Gemini.

Like I mentioned before in my other reply, Perfect Dark has to fit into the modern generation of FPS games.. It will be extremely hard to get back into the market that is steam lined CoD and Battlefield. PD is more than a linear action FPS, the N64 game was pushing a bunch of genres mixed together which worked really well for PD at the time. I also don't think it will fit well in the MS library since they already house another Sci-fi Shooter in Halo and there are rumours of 2 new Halo Games around the corner in Halo Genesis and Halo 6. What MS don't have is a TPS Adventure game of there own.

In my opinion, PD needs to offer something different and unique that not many games offer. With the change of direction of MGS with Survive and TR being a trend setter of the modern action adventure games, PD has the potential to offer a Sci-Fi Tomb Raider experience. Just imagine playing a Tomb Raider style game with Aliens, Hover Cars and Futuristic weapons? If there's any character that can pull off a Lara Croft is Joanna Dark.  

Last edited by Azzanation - on 29 April 2018

Around the Network

I was just talking about PD64 the other day. At my place we played a TON of Golden Eye and PD64 was everything it was and more. I remember being blown away when I figured out how you could order the bots to do different things. Oddly though PD64 didn't get as much play time as GE64 had. Not sure if that was due to the playstation being the new thing or the groups I was hanging out with at those two times.

If they did PD well and perhaps gave me a new Conkers I would very seriously consider purchasing a M$ console again.

Edit: I just watched the Live trailer posted in the OP and talk about having some synapses fire that haven't been active in 20 some odd years ... now you're playing with Nostalgia Power.  I don't mean to derail but can't help thinking if Rare hadn't fallen apart and Nintendo had kept them within the fold what things might look like today.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 29 April 2018