By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Labo is trending below GameStop’s expectations

Will you buy Labo?

Yes, day one 9 8.82%

Yes, eventually 13 12.75%

No 80 78.43%

Total:102
FarleyMcFirefly said:
quickrick said:

your post is waste of time, the info is legit. if you don't want to believe it, just leave the thread. people that are familiar with resetera know the source is reliable, and you do this everytime there is bad news about nintendo.   

Man, I'm always seeing you comment on threads that aren't in favor of Nintendo. It is like you want them to fail or something.

Yeah, it does look like he has an agenda of sorts along those lines. Its either that or a fetish of sorts.

Around the Network
duduspace1 said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Man, I'm always seeing you comment on threads that aren't in favor of Nintendo. It is like you want them to fail or something.

Yeah, it does look like he has an agenda of sorts along those lines. Its either that or a fetish of sorts.

If there's nothing in his post to disprove, then whining about how he has an agenda is just that, whining. If you don't like a post you disprove it, not attack the person making it.

"Ever heard the term if you have nothing nice to say to keep quiet ? " - This is also an agenda.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

That don't have anything with what I wrote, and its dumb to think that people from here need to reads pages on Resetera to find out who is guy on witch post this thread is made.

your post is waste of time, the info is legit. if you don't want to believe it, just leave the thread. people that are familiar with resetera know the source is reliable, and you do this everytime there is bad news about nintendo.   

Your post is waste of time because you still don't cant realise whats a point of my post, I dont talk about if info is legit or no, that not point, but thats dumb to think that people from here need to reads pages on Resetera to find out who is guy on witch post this thread is made in first place and to what reffers (only to Gamestop preorder).

When you make thread you have to gave informations about source, not just what it looks like some post of from random guy, OP needed to include thats this Gamestop insaider at least, and that "Nintendo Labo is trending below expectations in Gamestop", whitout need to go to Resetera thread and to read some pages to find those things buy yourself. 

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 17 April 2018

My expectations for it have drastically lowered, to where I just do not think it will catch on. If it gave complete creative freedom to use the software to make your own full motion games, like I initially hoped when it was revealed, I could see it taking off.

It seems like this is going to fall flat due to just being a gimmicky set of motion and crafting mini games, being released on a console that is drawing a more mature player base than past consoles of recent years.

I will be very suprised if it gains traction. Maybe the lets play community could help it, but outside of that I doubt much will come of labo long term. At least it was a cheap, albiet creative, risk so Nintendo will not lose much over it if it ends up flopping.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Barkley said:
duduspace1 said:

If there's nothing in his post to disprove, then whining about how he has an agenda is just that, whining. If you don't like a post you disprove it, not attack the person making it.

"Ever heard the term if you have nothing nice to say to keep quiet ? " - This is also an agenda.

His posts have indeed been disproved times without number leading only constantly to shifting of goalposts and derailing threads. His Falling off a cliff gaffe is indeed stuff of legend.

And yes, he does have an history of always being negative about Nintendo, it shouldn't be very hard for you to disprove that assertion of mine in over 5000+ posts of his, I challenge you to find just one which is not negative about Nintendo........since it seems you like proving or disproving irrelevant stuff.

I rest my case, lest I become even more like him.

Around the Network

I don't think we should use pre-orders to indicate the success of Labo, which is an entirely different product compared to the usual games we know. It's not something most young adults would buy, and I would assume that particular demographic are the ones who mostly pre-order games, its targeted audience are children and children at heart.

Labo has been marketed as such, through various hands-on events that mostly allowed adults with children.

As for what it can ultimately do, we don't know. If the PS3 could create a supercomputer in the Air Force and the Wii could get seniors to play video games, I'm sure Labo will find it niche somewhere, especially when you have seen some of its potential through Nintendo's videos.

As for those who don't care or want this to fail, guess what? It's not for you and that's ok. Nintendo thought this would be a nice way to not only expand the demographic of the Switch, which is predominantly young adults, but also showcase the potential of the Joy-cons, which have had their moments in various games such as 1-2 Switch, ARMS, Doom, Splatoon 2, etc. Nintendo has a mind of a toy maker, its been in their DNA for decades. Heck, this is possibly inspired by their previous toys back in the 1970s.

https://nintendosoup.com/inspiration-nintendo-labo/

We'll just see how Labo hangs around in the market.

Nonsense thread because there isn't any real market research displayed here.

Shiken said:
My expectations for it have drastically lowered, to where I just do not think it will catch on. If it gave complete creative freedom to use the software to make your own full motion games, like I initially hoped when it was revealed, I could see it taking off.

It seems like this is going to fall flat due to just being a gimmicky set of motion and crafting mini games, being released on a console that is drawing a more mature player base than past consoles of recent years.

I will be very suprised if it gains traction. Maybe the lets play community could help it, but outside of that I doubt much will come of labo long term. At least it was a cheap, albiet creative, risk so Nintendo will not lose much over it if it ends up flopping.

Have you watched these videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWjHVVDpg48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hMMINaIh5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fueos7OJeuo

OTBWY said:
Nonsense thread because there isn't any real market research displayed here.

The thread needs updating, it should be "Nintendo Labo is trending below Gamestops Expectations".

Hope it bombs.