By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - should IPs be given up by large publishers if not used?

Should IPs be given or easily attainable by other studios/publishers?

Yes 8 33.33%

No 5 20.83%

you're an idiot 11 45.83%

Total:24
VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

The existence of cheap knock-off Mario games wouldn't stop people from buying a new proper Nintendo made Mario game though (unless the cheap knock-offs made the IP look really bad)

Yeah, but if they want to avoid having others making use of the new game to promote their own titles they'd have to make a new IP.

So cut off an arm because it's infested with greedy parasites?

Around the Network

Yes, because we have shitty publishers like EA sitting on their asses while holding C&C, Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper, Dead Space and many more IP's within their tomb.

I'm pretty sure there is a law that covers squatting on patents, there should most definitely be one for sitting on a game ip for years and years.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, but if they want to avoid having others making use of the new game to promote their own titles they'd have to make a new IP.

So cut off an arm because it's infested with greedy parasites?

If that's the only to prevent its spread to the rest of the body.

No, like it or not it's their property to with as they please. Besides it is (as it should be) impossible to make anyone part with anything. I hardly ever use my car, but nobody can ever take that away without me saying so.