By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VGPolyglot said:
COKTOE said:
Nice to have a quick reference for the various ways to make fun bucks. I'm not sure I'll be participating in the prediction league ( I see VGP is in financial ruin now ), however I want to chip in a little bit more with the DB, at least as I find games absent from my collection when I get back to adding them, as well as working on the ColecoVision console in general. Soon. I hope. :)

Oh yeah, I added all the Intellivision games, I guess I need to flesh out those games!

Nicely done sir. There are a few really oddball Coleco games I have in my collection. Have you ever seen a 2 sided cart before?

I have 2 of these, including this one. I thiiink there's a third one as well. Artillery Duel just might be my all time fave on the system. Just realized that's the Atari one . They look virtually identical though.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 02 April 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Top predictors tend to get normally between 10-30% return on investment so that could mean with his bet anywhere from 180 to 540 profit for just filling it in with a bit of sense

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

TalonMan said:
COKTOE said:
Nice to have a quick reference for the various ways to make fun bucks. I'm not sure I'll be participating in the prediction league ( I see VGP is in financial ruin now ), however I want to chip in a little bit more with the DB, at least as I find games absent from my collection when I get back to adding them, as well as working on the ColecoVision console in general. Soon. I hope. :)

Well, so long as his predictions aren't TOTALLY of base, he should be getting most of that money back! His money is committed to that round for now, but I'm SURE he will even out when those numbers come in...  :)

Ahhh, I see. I thought he'd made some terrible predictions and straight up lost it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bandorr said:
And can you do anything with all this gold?
Or is this all work for a reward that has no actual point?

so it will be like Nintendo Reward Program

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Bandorr said:

We're still kicking around ideas. I know we've discussed making badges available for purchase - but really, at the end of the day, this is all just for entertainment and fun (and bragging rights, of course)...

cycycychris said: 
Only summaries and banners it is for not on :P

also, I think writing your own review should worth at least $5 or $10.

...and yes - as I was going through the code and researching this, I realized that's definitely an oversight (user reviews) which I will correct. Probably add vg$ for both the submissions as well as number of up-votes. We'll see. :)

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Bandorr said:

We're still kicking around ideas. I know we've discussed making badges available for purchase - but really, at the end of the day, this is all just for entertainment and fun (and bragging rights, of course)...

cycycychris said: 
Only summaries and banners it is for not on :P

also, I think writing your own review should worth at least $5 or $10.

...and yes - as I was going through the code and researching this, I realized that's definitely an oversight (user reviews) which I will correct. Probably add vg$ for both the submissions as well as number of up-votes. We'll see. :)

Reminds me of playing poker with no money. Fun at first but with nothing worth "winning" there is no real goal in the end - so you lose interest over time. Or a game where you go around collecting stuff but then go what do I do with this pile of stuff?

Also may as well ask this - are computer scripts illegal?  Writing something that parses trophy websites sounds interesting.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
TalonMan said:

Reminds me of playing poker with no money. Fun at first but with nothing worth "winning" there is no real goal in the end - so you lose interest over time. Or a game where you go around collecting stuff but then go what do I do with this pile of stuff?

Also may as well ask this - are computer scripts illegal?  Writing something that parses trophy websites sounds interesting.

I have nothing personal against scripting, though you probably won't be able to automate entry - and even  if you do manage to you will need to get past our guardians of the database.

Too much garbage flooding our queues, will very likely earn you a database ban and there's no coming back from there...  :(

TalonMan said:
Bandorr said:

I have nothing personal against scripting, though you probably won't be able to automate entry - and even  if you do manage to you will need to get past our guardians of the database.

Too much garbage flooding our queues, will very likely earn you a database ban and there's no coming back from there...  :(

So where would I go to find those rules and such? Easy to add a delay to things. Say a trophy/description a minute.  That is far slower than an individual can type/copy and paste.

Also where does it talk about the "options". I see Co-op, online... and camera? WTF does camera have to do with it. As in you need a camera?

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
TalonMan said:

So where would I go to find those rules and such? Easy to add a delay to things. Say a trophy/description a minute.  That is far slower than an individual can type/copy and paste.

Also where does it talk about the "options". I see Co-op, online... and camera? WTF does camera have to do with it. As in you need a camera?

Right - those were requirements to earn the trophy. This is some older stuff, but I will have to assume there are at least a few trophies out there that required the Eye or whatever...

I referenced the database tutorial in the OP - @versusevil is our Head DBAdmin, so he's the guy to answer DB specific questions.

Bandorr said:

So where would I go to find those rules and such?

Guidelines

Database Tutorial

Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day