By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves: First people to achieve “Pirate Legend” status

For the people playing SoT, does this look worth the grind? The people playing seem excited, tho I think they’re also popular streamers, so you never know. 

http://m.ign.com/videos/2018/03/29/sea-of-thieves-watch-a-player-become-the-first-ever-pirate-legend

edit:  lol at the guy at 5:10. “Thank you so much guys for joining us on this journey.” Haha what a cheeseball. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 29 March 2018

Around the Network

new merchant that gives fetch quest simular to the old ones? but where 2 or more types are mixed into one.

All that grinde, and the quest stay the same...Meh.

Also the first "Pirate Legend" got so without knowing how to play the game, he basically got boosted through the grinde.
Thats kinda sad... not really a legendary pirate, if you get it by being boosted through (imo).

Saw the stream earlier and the new hideout and outfits looks pretty dope. Pirate Legend is probably gonna take me awhile to reach so hopefully someone in XBE gets there and boost me to it.

Love it,

This is what Xbox is all about.

It doesn't really matter how irrelevant something really is, being one of the first to do it almost always gives you a bit of an ego boost, especially in a social game. I admit to being vulnerable to that feeling, as well. In WoW, for example, I was one of the first on my server to have a Dragon mount and a Mammoth mount. It's kind of embarrassing to look back now and see how proud I was at the time but I'd probably do it again if I had the chance.

Around the Network

I am a long way off. I am just enjoying the ride and buying and customizing my toon.

pokoko said:
It doesn't really matter how irrelevant something really is, being one of the first to do it almost always gives you a bit of an ego boost, especially in a social game. I admit to being vulnerable to that feeling, as well. In WoW, for example, I was one of the first on my server to have a Dragon mount and a Mammoth mount. It's kind of embarrassing to look back now and see how proud I was at the time but I'd probably do it again if I had the chance.

I understand that as well. When FF14 Heavensward released, I rushed the expansion during the 1 or 2 days early access (for people who pre-ordered). It was a great feeling to arrive in the new late game city with almost no one there yet, and people trying to understand together what we needed to do in each new dungeon instead of having as usual at least one player knowing the strat perfectly. It's a much more enjoyable exploration if you're one of the firsts! 

pokoko said:

Wow makes you feel amazing once you are the first for something. I remember how good i felt hitting Rank 14 in Vanilla and majority of players in the cities would chat and follow you around like you are a celebrity. I also was one of the first to get the Tundra Mammoth and everyone that saw me were saying things like "You are a boss" etc haha

Vasto said:
Love it,

This is what Xbox is all about.

What do you mean by that, exactly?

but they still arent on the level of captain jack sparrow

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick