Forums - Gaming Discussion - Operation "Actually play some %#(*&$(#*&$ games!"

I hear you.

The last couple of years have been terrible for me. I just don't feel like or can't find the time to beat anything. Only beat one game in a year: Breath of the Wild. Granted it was a 275 hour game for me, including DLC, but still. I've been on and off Rise of the Tomb Raider since like november 2016 and I still haven't beaten that. And I actually like that game! Then there's a whole bunch of PS4 games waiting on the shelf, Samus Returns on 3DS, and I haven't even gotten a Switch yet for Mario Odyssey.

Around the Network
HomokHarcos said:
VGPolyglot said:

What happens in 2 weeks?

Stanley Cup playoffs from April-June and World Cup in June and July will be on then.

So Stanley Cup and World Cup means no time to play games for you then? Are you going to watch all the matches (or all the ones that don't clash at least)?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
HomokHarcos said:

Stanley Cup playoffs from April-June and World Cup in June and July will be on then.

So Stanley Cup and World Cup means no time to play games for you then? Are you going to watch all the matches (or all the ones that don't clash at least)?

I don't usually like to play games in the morning before school or work because I don't know how long it will be before I'm able to save again (I could get far only to end up having to leave without saving). Then when I get home I'll watch the games at evening and night instead of playing a game. However, the time differences for the World Cup might actually make it so I can play at night as the games will be on earlier.

Bought or downloaded close to 60 games since december, mostly VR titles. Platinumed 5, finished at least 25. Maybe 5-10 games that I dropped off on mid way through. Gave a good hard go of the rest and got the most out of them, a good chuck of 70 plusers on the trophy meter. And there are 3 or 4 I've yet to try out.
I don't have a problem with back logging games, I tend to get around to them at some point, even many that I drop an hour in, I'll return a few times and the majority of games will catch me when the mood is right...the rest, well if it hadn't caught me after a hand full of attempts to get kick started into it then Its most likely shite and gets deleted.
Of course PSN freebies don't count, they just keep throwing titles at us as the months go by but they are always there if I somehow hit a dry spot which isn't likely on Playstation.

China Numba wan!!

Playing at a slower pace than last year.

Last year I beat 100 games.

This year I beat so far

WiiU
-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
-Bayonetta 2

3DS
-Pokemon Ultra Sun

PS3
-Ratchet & Clank 2 Going Commando HD
-Ratchet and Clank 3 Up Your Arsenal HD

PS4
-Fallen Legion Sins of an Empire

PSP
-LittleBigPlanet

Steam/PC
-Dragon Ball Xenoverse
-Prince of Persia Sands of Time
-Sonic Lost World
-The Legend of Korra
-Grand Theft Auto III

Going at a steady pace.

Playing at least 2 hours a day at home and 1 hour at work (during lunch break)

1 hour on a portable at work (3DS, PSP or DS)

1 hour on a home console at home (PS3, Wii, WiiU and PS4)

1 hour on a PC game (I cycle between pre 2008 and post 2008 games)

^ Thats during weekdays.

During weekends, I tend to play more depending on how much free time I get - I usually dont have that much free these days because I go out and do shopping for the household, do maintenance repairs etc, and go out on trips with my wife to the park or some other event.

Usually Sundays after Church is when I get the bulk of my free time unless its something urgent I have to do on a Sunday that I couldnt do on a Saturday.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

@slade6alpha @Shadow8 @Wright @NobleTeam360 @Ultrashroomz well, I've been playing quite a bit of Persona 5 these past 2 days, so it looks like I actually may end up beating it fairly soon

VGPolyglot said:
@slade6alpha @Shadow8 @Wright @NobleTeam360 @Ultrashroomz well, I've been playing quite a bit of Persona 5 these past 2 days, so it looks like I actually may end up beating it fairly soon

Good good, at that rate you might be able to finish it before p6 comes out

Unfortunately, I dare say you've arrived at the part where P5's slog reaches its peak. Pace was already killing me by then, but after Palace 6 it just becomes unphantomable.

Wright said:

Unfortunately, I dare say you've arrived at the part where P5's slog reaches its peak. Pace was already killing me by then, but after Palace 6 it just becomes unphantomable.

Well, I already beat more games this year than last year!

Persona 5
Tekken 7
Silent Hill 2
Dino Crisis
Max Payne