By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Tomb Raider (2018) reviews and Box Office- 48 Metacritic, 50% Rotten Tomatoes, $211m

I saw it, and I really liked it. If you love the games and the new series it is really faithful to the feeling of the reboot. I thought while watching "critics probably think this segment is silly, but it is how the game would be and I love it". If I had one major criticism it is that the start didn't interest me as much and felt sluggish, and then when we get to the island and I was enjoying it the pacing felt rushed.

May be faint praise, but for me this is the best movie based off a video game and I'd give it a solid 8/10. I think the actress playing Lara was amazing in the role and made up for everyone else being okay (although I did like Nick Frost small role, because I just like him).

I really hope it gets a sequel with her reprising the role and spend more time being Tomb Raider as the action sequences were fun and I'd like to see her do more survival scenes.



Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

Mortal Kombat still the top videogame movie huh?

I thought GoldenEye was the best videogame movie of all time...

This serious question or joke?

Golden eye is a video game adaptation of a movie, not the other way around. Game was based on movie, not other way around.



This thread has become obsolete when people started criticising the movie because of lack of breasts and sexiness.

Last edited by StokedUp - on 26 March 2018

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Aeolus451 said:
Besides not having big enough breasts, the actress didn't seem like a Lara Croft at all. She's more like the cheapest decent acting actress they could find when they couldn't get who they wanted.

That's why you shouldn't base your expectations on real life women from video game characters though, the former are real living beings while the latter are idealized characters.



VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:
Besides not having big enough breasts, the actress didn't seem like a Lara Croft at all. She's more like the cheapest decent acting actress they could find when they couldn't get who they wanted.

That's why you shouldn't base your expectations on real life women from video game characters though, the former are real living beings while the latter are idealized characters.

She looked great and I even enjoyed the video game fantastical elements because I was having fun and love the character.  I am struggling to think of anyone they could have got that would have been better for the role.



Around the Network
Nymeria said:
I saw it, and I really liked it. If you love the games and the new series it is really faithful to the feeling of the reboot. I thought while watching "critics probably think this segment is silly, but it is how the game would be and I love it". If I had one major criticism it is that the start didn't interest me as much and felt sluggish, and then when we get to the island and I was enjoying it the pacing felt rushed.

May be faint praise, but for me this is the best movie based off a video game and I'd give it a solid 8/10. I think the actress playing Lara was amazing in the role and made up for everyone else being okay (although I did like Nick Frost small role, because I just like him).

I really hope it gets a sequel with her reprising the role and spend more time being Tomb Raider as the action sequences were fun and I'd like to see her do more survival scenes.

Honestly, is it even possible to NOT like Nick Frost? :P 

I've not seen the film yet, trailers haven't really appealed to me, but I'm hearing more good things than bad about it, so maybe I'll watch it sometime in the future, be it at the cinema or if it gets added to Netflix or something, lol. 



Bristow9091 said:
Nymeria said:
I saw it, and I really liked it. If you love the games and the new series it is really faithful to the feeling of the reboot. I thought while watching "critics probably think this segment is silly, but it is how the game would be and I love it". If I had one major criticism it is that the start didn't interest me as much and felt sluggish, and then when we get to the island and I was enjoying it the pacing felt rushed.

May be faint praise, but for me this is the best movie based off a video game and I'd give it a solid 8/10. I think the actress playing Lara was amazing in the role and made up for everyone else being okay (although I did like Nick Frost small role, because I just like him).

I really hope it gets a sequel with her reprising the role and spend more time being Tomb Raider as the action sequences were fun and I'd like to see her do more survival scenes.

Honestly, is it even possible to NOT like Nick Frost? :P 

I've not seen the film yet, trailers haven't really appealed to me, but I'm hearing more good things than bad about it, so maybe I'll watch it sometime in the future, be it at the cinema or if it gets added to Netflix or something, lol. 

;)

Mileage may vary, I liked the old Tomb Raider as a guilty pleasure and have enjoyed the series.  This is "solid" meaning nothing elevates it unless you're a Tomb Raider fan like me.  I think Alicia Vikander has a good career ahead of her and like her a lot in the role of reboot Lara. I selfishly want it to do well to get a sequel, but I understand if others think it is just fine as a movie.



VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:
Besides not having big enough breasts, the actress didn't seem like a Lara Croft at all. She's more like the cheapest decent acting actress they could find when they couldn't get who they wanted.

That's why you shouldn't base your expectations on real life women from video game characters though, the former are real living beings while the latter are idealized characters.

Alot of real women are better looking than the idealized female characters in video games. Video games still aren't able to capture the beauty of the female form.



irstupid said:
NightDragon83 said:

Mortal Kombat still the top videogame movie huh?

I thought GoldenEye was the best videogame movie of all time...

This serious question or joke?

Golden eye is a video game adaptation of a movie, not the other way around. Game was based on movie, not other way around.

*WOOSH*



On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.