By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All the games in Donald Trump’s ‘violence in video games’ supercut

President Donald Trump met with game industry executives and their critics to talk about the link between video games and violence, a topic many of us got sick of discussing years ago. Trump reportedly opened the meeting by showing a supercut of bloody video game deaths, remarking “this is violent, isn’t it?”

But precisely which games does the Trump administration think may be inadvertently training the next mass shooter? Since the video is now posted on the White House YouTube channel, we can tell you that among other things, he’s apparently pretty worried about Call of Duty.

Here’s what we’ve found in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C_IBSuXIoo

• The death of Call of Duty: Black Ops character Joseph Bowman (2010)
  • A collection of scenes from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
  • Clips of kills in horror multiplayer game Dead by Daylight (2016)
  • More scenes from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, this time the infamous “No Russian” mission
  • Killing Nazis in Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014)
  • Shootouts in Fallout 4 (2015)
  • The “X-ray kill cam” system in Sniper Elite 4 (2017)
  • A death animation from horror game The Evil Within (2014)

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/8/17098526/trump-white-house-violent-video-game-supercut-games

Around the Network

Gotta love how in America the solution to real life violence and real life guns that are the actual tools for violence is to try to ban imaginary violence and video games.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Gotta love how in America the solution to real life violence and real life guns that are the actual tools for violence is to try to ban imaginary violence and video games.

Came to say this. I guess they will never let go of guns because it’s probably one of their biggest industries. It’s sad how they toy with lives and preach BS stuff like “freedom to defend yourself” so the fools keep financing their industry. It’s really sad.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

No Mortal Kombat or manhunt 2? Dissapointed. :P

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
No Mortal Kombat or manhunt 2? Dissapointed. :P

Not only that, but they freaking added the The Evil Within death scene that only triggers if you fail to grasp something as simple as "don't alert that big ugly thing".

Around the Network
walterbates said:
  • Killing Nazis in Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014)

Why am I not surprised?

Hiku said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Of course this doesn't take into account what type of video games are sold, but we have so many modern studies on the subject now that agree that there's no correlation between violent video games and the incentive to commit these type of violent acts.

RolStoppable said:

Recently I've come across a snippet of a speech of a high representative of the NRA and it all became clear to me. The crucial part in the condensed statement was that God gave the American people the right to bear arms and that's why this right must be protected at all costs. It's seemingly always religion that is at the core of every crazy ideology.

Around two weeks ago, there was a church in the US that held a ceremony for AR-15's. Because "weapons are a gift from God."

Maybe, just maybe, they should look less at teenagers playing PUBG, and more at people's unhealthy relationship with gun worship in the country.

A couple of counterpoints to your thoughts and the things you posted.

I don't know who Ed is, or don't really care.  But, it is typical of people to pull a stat that they want and portray it for their point.  In this case, the data shows something completely different to me.  Sure they spend more on video games in Japan per person.  But what wasn't in that tidbit is what those dollars are spent on as far as gaming genres.  I admit I don't have some link to prove my point, other than watching all of the sales charts in the US vs other countries.  There is a seemingly obvious tilt towards shooters and Mature titles in the US based on sales VS other locations.  So, comping death rates in one society to another buying completely different games is in itself kind of a bad comparison.

Besides the Ed comment, you posted the pics of some people attending church with guns.  Of course, that one church filled with people trying to make some political statement represents the whole of the US doesn't it?  I live in the middle of the US and am in an area where people hunt and fish alot.  But, the people who actually do that are still only a small percentage of the population even here.  I don't own any guns, or even think about it.

It is near the end of the end....

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Ontop of the fact that nearly all studies find that there actually isnt a link between video games and violence.

Just want to say that:
1) I dont play shooters really, or enjoy violence in games (in general).
2) dispite this, I dont believe there is a link between violence and video games.
3) its silly that this is the solution they came up to a actual problem, of mass shootings.

Makeing CoD-like games harder to buy or more expensive, wont keep mass shootings from happending in the USA, because they arnt the root of the problem.

RolStoppable said:
LipeJJ said:

Came to say this. I guess they will never let go of guns because it’s probably one of their biggest industries. It’s sad how they toy with lives and preach BS stuff like “freedom to defend yourself” so the fools keep financing their industry. It’s really sad.

Recently I've come across a snippet of a speech of a high representative of the NRA and it all became clear to me. The crucial part in the condensed statement was that God gave the American people the right to bear arms and that's why this right must be protected at all costs. It's seemingly always religion that is at the core of every crazy ideology.

I thought this kind of stuff was fictional, I'm honestly shocked. It's the kind of ideology/thought you'd expect 120 years ago, not in 2018. I'm baffled.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Ka-pi96 said:
Hiku said:
The Trump administration has convinced me that there should be a rating system for games and movies.

You mean to prevent kids from playing games not suitable for them? Don't be silly, that's a ridiculous idea

we could have a scale which allowed the more gentle stuff to be up to the guidance of parents.... could call it... P.... G? or something similar all the way up to M rated stuff which would stand for, "maybe someone should tuck trump in? Niko bellic just shot up another bowling alley"

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive