By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios LinkedIn profile mentions "narrative specializations in worldbuilding” and “non linear storytelling”

Just show us the new project..

Some new clues point to a heavier narrative focus for Retro’s next title. The LinkedIn profile of one writer mentions the following:

“Working with a highly skilled team to bridge the gaps between game design needs and telling a compelling story in a meaningful world. Finding the best ways to construct the narrative we want the player to experience with the tools and restrictions available through text, dialogue, and non-traditional storytelling.”

These points are also listed on the CV:

* Key team member for collaborative worldbuilding, story construction, and IP development.

* Point of contact for supplemental prose writing.

* Special focus on designer collaboration for player experience storytelling.

The information above was updated by one of the developer’s Linkedin page, after previously working as a manager at Retro – and now a writer on a new game. His profile also has this exact terminology:

“Narrative specializations in worldbuilding, character development, design integration, non-linear storytelling, prose fiction”

So that’s certainly interesting. If Retro was working on something like Donkey Kong, you wouldn’t expect narrative to have much of a role at all. The developer should be creating something very different for its next project. 

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Weird, its been 4 years there is no way the game is still that early in development. I think this might be a second project ?

Donkey Kong's Revenge! coming to life ! Rated M 18+

Donkey Kong Prime?

Donkey Kong RPG? I doubt it is for their next game since it is too late to implant these developers. Monolith did the same with their last job posting.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Would be nice if by the end of this direct, Nintendo teased on whatever Retro has been working on.

My guess is that the game will be as ambitious as Zelda in terms of what they want to achieve.With this, Im inclined to believe that they are either doing something like Skyrim, which is an openworld WRPG, or something story heavy, like a survival horror game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Who's Retro again...? I forget.

Lol, hopefully something is coming soon before Nintendo forgets they still work for them.

4 years since their last game and nothing is known about what they´ve been working on, better be something really amazing.

Probably what they brought the Deus Ex composer on board for.

Interesting, hopefully we will see Retros game at E3.