By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where are the updates ioi

And stuff under the hood care to clarify?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Machina said:

Talon's working overtime to get the stuff under the hood back up and running so that I can get to work on the SW charts again.

Just have to be patient. It sucks, but it's better than the alternative. As soon as I'm given the all clear I will make a concerted effort to catch up.

...and I promise to make this entire process MUCH easier for Machina, so he can get these charts out faster! It is my prime directive, at the moment. :)

kirby007 said:
Machina said:

Talon's working overtime to get the stuff under the hood back up and running so that I can get to work on the SW charts again.

Just have to be patient. It sucks, but it's better than the alternative. As soon as I'm given the all clear I will make a concerted effort to catch up.

How much of it, aside the big problems, is due to the speed vs accuracy debate

The delay at present isn't anything to do with the speed v accuracy debate. A key tool I use on the site is broken and Talon is working as quickly as he can to understand it and fix it. By the nature of how that part of the site is set up I can't proceed until it's fixed.

kirby007 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

You may not be a pansy but you do seem to be incredibly out of touch. ioi hasn't done a chart in years. His last two posts are two years apart, one voting for TalonMan yesterday and the other saying goodbye to Smeags in January 2016, it's obvious rattling his cage won't accomplish much.

I might be out of touch but there is delay that wasnt here in may 2010 or years before

Yep, just a few months back.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ⰉⰋⰉ is god

Around the Network

What is the ETA for the fix?

Just a rough estimate would be good enough.

Dankaroo said:
What is the ETA for the fix?

Just a rough estimate would be good enough.

Aiming to have Machina up and running tomorrow. How fast he can get caught up at that point though, is not something I would even dare try to speculate on (especially since there is, unfortunately, some integrity issues he's going to have to work through due to this problem we've run into).

It sucks, I'm not happy about it, but we've got a handle on the problem now and are actively fixing it...