By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps4 now has the best selling home console gen 8 game in japan

CGI-Quality said:
Kerotan said:

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

 

What movie is that? 

Commando.

So many terrible (great) one liners in that movie.

 

"I eat Green Berets for breakfast and right now im very hungry!!!!"

 

"Remember when i told you i would kill you last? I lied"

 

"Please dont bother my friend.....hes dead tired"

 

"I'm not gonna shoot you between the eyes, I'm gonna shoot you between the balls!"



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Commando.

So many terrible (great) one liners in that movie.

 

"I eat Green Berets for breakfast and right now im very hungry!!!!"

 

"Remember when i told you i would kill you last? I lied"

 

"Please dont bother my friend.....hes dead tired"

 

"I'm not gonna shoot you between the eyes, I'm gonna shoot you between the balls!"

I know, but I love it! ;P



                                                                                                             

CGI-Quality said:
zorg1000 said:

So many terrible (great) one liners in that movie.

 

"I eat Green Berets for breakfast and right now im very hungry!!!!"

 

"Remember when i told you i would kill you last? I lied"

 

"Please dont bother my friend.....hes dead tired"

 

"I'm not gonna shoot you between the eyes, I'm gonna shoot you between the balls!"

I know, but I love it! ;P

Same here, i could listen to cheesy Arnold quotes for hours lol



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I know, but I love it! ;P

Same here, i could listen to cheesy Arnold quotes for hours lol

meh fav

"I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I’m going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!”



Farsala said:
zorg1000 said:

Same here, i could listen to cheesy Arnold quotes for hours lol

meh fav

"I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I’m going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!”

Haha is that from running man?



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Farsala said:

meh fav

"I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I’m going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!”

Haha is that from running man?

Yeah. Gotta use that threat one time in my life, even as a joke.



Acevil said:
Kyuu said:

Monster Hunter is the only huge non-Nintendo IP that isn't declining in Japan, right?

Sadly Monster Hunter could still be the case, if world is regarded as mainline being compared to other mainline, as XX isn't mainline. However I do not think they care, since world wide it is the most successful Monster Hunter Title. 

Eh, that can't be the case. The IP is most likely growing in Japan thanks to MHW, which sold nearly twice as much first week as Tri on Wii and 3DS combined (Keep in mind that both Tri versions came out during the peak of MH popularity). It achieved that @$59 on a home console with a small install base. That's unquestionably a sign of growth even if it ends up falling several 100k's behind MH4.

A Switch (let alone Switch + PS4 multiplat) Monster Hunter game on a 12 million+ install base may exceed 3DS Pokemon levels for all we know.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 25 February 2018

Kyuu said:
Acevil said:

Sadly Monster Hunter could still be the case, if world is regarded as mainline being compared to other mainline, as XX isn't mainline. However I do not think they care, since world wide it is the most successful Monster Hunter Title. 

Eh, that can't be the case. The IP is most likely growing in Japan thanks to MHW, which sold nearly twice as much first week as Tri on Wii and 3DS combined (Keep in mind that both Tri versions came out during the peak of MH popularity). It achieved that @$59 on a home console with a small install base. That's unquestionably a sign of growth even if it ends up falling several 100k's behind MH4.

A Switch (let alone Switch + PS4 multiplat) Monster Hunter game on a 12 million+ install base may exceed 3DS Pokemon levels for all we know.

Oh I was more comparing it to Monster Hunter 4, which I believe settled at around 3.5 million, with 4 ultimate doing 2.8ish in Japan. This is by far the most impressive home console by a mile.



 

Acevil said:
Kyuu said:

Eh, that can't be the case. The IP is most likely growing in Japan thanks to MHW, which sold nearly twice as much first week as Tri on Wii and 3DS combined (Keep in mind that both Tri versions came out during the peak of MH popularity). It achieved that @$59 on a home console with a small install base. That's unquestionably a sign of growth even if it ends up falling several 100k's behind MH4.

A Switch (let alone Switch + PS4 multiplat) Monster Hunter game on a 12 million+ install base may exceed 3DS Pokemon levels for all we know.

Oh I was more comparing it to Monster Hunter 4, which I believe settled at around 3.5 million, with 4 ultimate doing 2.8ish in Japan. This is by far the most impressive home console by a mile.

Its entirely doable for Monster Hunter World.

4 ultimate sold in a year and 3 months around 2.55m which is about the same as World in a month.

MH4 sold similarly in 1 month at around 2.5m I believe.

So really it just the legs that will matter, but the leggy sales are much less profit.