Forums - Sony Discussion - Kotaku "Spyro Trilogy Remaster Coming to PS4 This Year"

are you getting it?

yes! nostalgia overload. 22 53.66%

maybe, need to see how it turns out first. 10 24.39%

nope! never enjoyed spyro, wont now. 5 12.20%

check results. 4 9.76%

Total:41
SuperNova said:
Replicant said:

One of my first console games as well together with Gran Turismo, Crash, Tekken 3 and Rayman. A little later Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Dino Crisis, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy. So many classics

Spyro's opening theme is pure nostalgia for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPOnak-ozjw

Damn you were either a much more informed kid than I was, or whoever was buying the games for you had some seriously good taste. I ended up with Pandemonium, Medi Evil, Rayman (wich I all love <3) and Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets XD. But I missed out on FF7 because I thought for the longest time that it was a Ps2 game, for whatever reason. I wanted to play it SO badly and always thought I wouldn't be able to. My mom might have actually lied to me like 'your console cant actually play that game' so that I wouldn't monopolize the TV. She was of the 'play outside' school of moms. :P

Oh, I weren't only playing "good" games. There were a lot of questionable games as well (Disney's Tarzan, A Bug's Life, Hercules, Monsters, Inc., Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, etc).

My two older cousins somehow knew which games to buy though. They introduced me to most of the classics. I remember being scared for weeks after seeing them play Resident Evil but I still wanted the game myself

Can't wait to see how the RE2 Remake turns out.

Around the Network
Replicant said:

Oh, I weren't only playing "good" games. There were a lot of questionable games as well (Disney's Tarzan, A Bug's Life)

I enjoyed both these games growing up. I probably shouldn't play them again now, there's a good chance they are a lot worse than I remember.

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

There are so called Remakes out there built from the ground up and still considered to be Remasters. Would you consider Zelda Ocarina of Time on 3DS a Remake or Remaster? 

So what's your word compared to many others? My word is I say its a Remaster, you say its a Remake, who's right here? We both can link articles and forums of many agreeing and disagreeing with me. In Crash's case it seems to be confusing regardless if you say so or Jim down the road. Some considered it a in-between Remake/Remaster which probably makes more sense. Each to there own.

The problem with you is you're just looking to be right without truly understanding the material. I've given you every piece of relevant info to support what I'm saying.

Thus, there's nothing else that I can do for you.

What material did you give out apart from what you think?

Replicant said:
SuperNova said:

Damn you were either a much more informed kid than I was, or whoever was buying the games for you had some seriously good taste. I ended up with Pandemonium, Medi Evil, Rayman (wich I all love <3) and Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets XD. But I missed out on FF7 because I thought for the longest time that it was a Ps2 game, for whatever reason. I wanted to play it SO badly and always thought I wouldn't be able to. My mom might have actually lied to me like 'your console cant actually play that game' so that I wouldn't monopolize the TV. She was of the 'play outside' school of moms. :P

Oh, I weren't only playing "good" games. There were a lot of questionable games as well (Disney's Tarzan, A Bug's Life, Hercules, Monsters, Inc., Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, etc).

My two older cousins somehow knew which games to buy though. They introduced me to most of the classics. I remember being scared for weeks after seeing them play Resident Evil but I still wanted the game myself

Can't wait to see how the RE2 Remake turns out.

I get you, while I played games like FF7 or tactics, tony hawk, crash, etc... some of my most played games were the lion king, a donald duck platformer, the tarzan game and the fisrt harry potter, etc... Lol

Wish I could go back to when I could feel very satisfied with those, guess it's part of not being 10 anymore lol

Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

The problem with you is you're just looking to be right without truly understanding the material. I've given you every piece of relevant info to support what I'm saying.

Thus, there's nothing else that I can do for you.

What material did you give out apart from what you think?

Like I said - you don't get it. You were presented with factual info of what a Remake is, not simply what "I think". That's why the majority of the arguments you get in end up this way.