100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." /> 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." /> 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." /> 100k in its first week of sales. MH4U did not reach this milestone in its first 12 months of..." />

Forums - Sales Discussion - MHW sold more in Germany in its first week than MH4U did in its first year

Hiku said:

Nice to see this success story progress. Didn't expect MHW to start off this well.

You post far too much. You posted something that had all the Sony bundling going on with this game. Like Bundles etc.

Where was that post? It was a good argument that "Sony" did help in promoting this game and that it wasn't just capcom.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Barkley said:

Well that's not surprising considering MHW outshipped MH4U in it's first week globally. (MH4U sold 4.2m)

Only MH games left above world are MH:X (3DS+Switch) which sits at 6.45m and MH:F2 (PSP) which sold 6.2m. So yeah World is easily going to be the best selling title in the series.

Not bad for a "spinoff"

The developers said, it is not a spinoff.  You could consider it a sequel/reboot; similar to the new God of War

Heavenly_King said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Not bad for a "spinoff"

The developers said, it is not a spinoff.  You could consider it a sequel/reboot; similar to the new God of War

Note the quotations. Ka-pi was being sarcastic. Referring to all those "fans" that were calling it a spin off.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 15 February 2018

• Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Pinkie_pie said:
Uk is Sony land. Let's see if it does better in Japan?

Well, the numbers are pretty close there. Even if it fails to set a franchise record, it will be massively offset by the fact that the game now sells on the west too. It will be the most successful MH game ever by a fair margin.

AlfredoTurkey said:
pastro243 said:

Then any game on ps4 should sell this well? 

Any game worth a damn, sure. 

Are you implying that games that don't sell this well aren't worth a damn?
Or that they should sell better?

Bottom line is, there are games worth a damn imo that don't sell even close to this.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Kyuu said:

Attach Rate: The User.

Japan Wii Install base @MH3 release: 8.3 million. First Week attach rate = 7% @$60?
Japan 3DS Install base @MH4 release: 16.6 million. FW attach rate = 12% @$40
Japan PS4 Install base @MHW release: 6.2 million. FW attach rate = 33% @$60

See how silly your logic sounds? There are plenty of factors that cancel out or counterbalance install base.

If you want me to respond and/or have a discourse with you... do it respectfully. If not, I simply won't respond anymore.

I removed the highly disrespectful word "silly".
Could you now answer the comment with your rebuttal, sir? I'm curious to hear it.
Surely you thought this through before you made your initial comment, and you're not just making excuses not to reply?

Bandorr said:s
Hiku said:

Nice to see this success story progress. Didn't expect MHW to start off this well.

You post far too much. You posted something that had all the Sony bundling going on with this game. Like Bundles etc.

Where was that post? It was a good argument that "Sony" did help in promoting this game and that it wasn't just capcom.

That there have been many similar MHW topics doesn't help either, but luckily I managed to find it fairly quickly.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234486&page=2

Around the Network
Hiku said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Any game worth a damn, sure. 

Are you implying that games that don't sell this well aren't worth a damn?
Or that they should sell better?

Bottom line is, there are games worth a damn imo that don't sell even close to this.

AlfredoTurkey said:

If you want me to respond and/or have a discourse with you... do it respectfully. If not, I simply won't respond anymore.

I removed the highly disrespectful word "silly".
Could you now answer the comment with your rebuttal, sir? I'm curious to hear it.
Surely you thought this through before you made your initial comment, and you're not just making excuses not to reply?

Bandorr said:s

That there have been many similar MHW topics doesn't help either, but luckily I managed to find it fairly quickly.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234486&page=2

What is this DBZ Fighter? The first post set up a combo, and the second one ended with a level 3 super into a destructive ending.

Where as the third one was just a simple assist, like Krillin throwing a Sensu bean. Thanks.