By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It´s 2020 PS5 is native 4k, 8 Tf, 16 GB of ram, RC, 450 USS. would you buy it?

SegataSanshiro said:
This better be the greatest handheld from Sony ever because that shit would not fly as a next-gen home console.

No doubt, it would even be weak for an optional PS4 Premium. Would have to be a hybrid, with this kind of power docked, and somewhere between PS4 and PS4 Pro in mobile mode.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Those are ridiculously low specs.

Seems that lot of people forget that PS4 to PS3 is some 8-10x (depending on whether you go by the numbers on paper or what Sony said) with 16x as much RAM.

And that's all for 720p to 1080p which is only 2.25x in pixel count, compared to 1080p to 4K UHD which is 4x.

HoloDust said:
Those are ridiculously low specs.

Seems that lot of people forget that PS4 to PS3 is some 8-10x (depending on whether you go by the numbers on paper or what Sony said) with 16x as much RAM.

And that's all for 720p to 1080p which is only 2.25x in pixel count, compared to 1080p to 4K UHD which is 4x.

Exactly! Every generation for PlayStation has 16 times higher RAM amount.

PS1 - 2MB

PS2 - 32MB

PS3 - 512MB

PS4 - 8192MB (8GB)

PS5 - 128GB ?  -  I don't believe it will be this much, but 16GB is nothing for a consol that will be supported until 2030.

Ka-pi96 said:
$450? That sounds like a lot. Would be even more of a ripoff once converted to pounds as well! So probably not until it gets a decent price cut. Couldn't care less about the non-price things you mentioned.

Lol, everyone knows 1$=1£.

As for the thread.... No.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 12 February 2018

thismeintiel said:
So, which is the thread you're sticking with?

Anyway, you're specs are too low. At least for the Tflops. 16 GBs of GDDR6 is probably what we're going to see in the PS5, but 8 Tflops isn't going to be enough to for Native 4K. It's also not enough to warrant a $450 price tag in 2020. My guess is we're going to see something closer to 12 Tflops, coupled with a much better CPU compared to the Jaguar found in the PS4 and XBO.

This

Around the Network

It totally depends on the games, I really don't care about specs if there aren't any good games to come out with it. If the launch catalogue is similar to the PS4, I'll wait a bit.

Slap&Ride said:

Exactly! Every generation for PlayStation has 16 times higher RAM amount.

PS1 - 2MB

PS2 - 32MB

PS3 - 512MB

PS4 - 8192MB (8GB)

PS5 - 128GB ?  -  I don't believe it will be this much, but 16GB is nothing for a consol that will be supported until 2030.

Because it won't be supported until 2030. It'll have either 16,24 or 32gb of ram. I think 16/24 is much more likely than 32 though. The Ram of the average steam user should be a fairly good indicator of what to expect.

PS4 (2013) - Unified Memory: 8gb
Average Steam User (2013) - Ram: ~6gb - VRam: ~1gb   (total: ~7gb)

Average Steam User (2018) - Ram: ~10gb - VRam ~2.9gb   (total: ~13gb)

Consoles are never going to be miles ahead of the average steam user, it's likely that by November 2020 the average steam users combined memory will be around 18-22gb. 

More than 24gb would most likely be overkill.

Im expecting atleast 10 Tflops.
16 GB of ram for gameing is fine, aslong as it has another stick 4-8gb for its OS as well.

I want backwards compatability though.

Probably not at launch, never really bought a PS-console at launch. And i need to make sure that it has some good singleplayer games and not filled with Destiny-like games-as-service crap

hell no..thats a rip off for those low specs..unless like a user above said its the greatest handheld ever