By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It´s 2020 PS5 is native 4k, 8 Tf, 16 GB of ram, RC, 450 USS. would you buy it?

That would be very lame for a next gen system releasing at that time ...

I would prefer it as much as possible for Sony to delay releasing their next gen system until 2021 if 5nm becomes available along with the successor to Navi microachitecture ...

Around the Network

16GB RAM is absolutely to low. With photogrammetry and 4K you need much more RAM. If a game is 1080p running on a 8GB consol, then 4K needs about 32GB to have the textures in ultra HiRes. Otherwise you have low quality textures in 4K. Its like playing XBox360 games on an PC emulator in 4K. Its better but not real 4K potential. And if you want to have bigger levels, more shadows and effects, more elements - then 64GB is a must.

I would upgrade because I greatly enjoy Sony's Software and Services, but I would be extremely disappointed.

If they did this and made a PS5 Phone with full comparability from day one, then I guess it would be ok, but it leaves the door open for dozens of other companies to enter the market with more capable and cheaper systems.

At any rate I think this would have to be a base system with a more powerful option for the reasons above.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Seems pretty weak for something releasing in 2-3 years. But I guess I won't have any choice if Sony continues to make games worth playing. Not that I'd bet on it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This better be the greatest handheld from Sony ever because that shit would not fly as a next-gen home console.

Around the Network

I will stick with Sony because of the games. Between their exclusives and their third party support, I know I will get everything I want. The hardware evolution is just incidental, all tech will move forward at a steady pace so I'm not too fussy about that.

Its gonna require notable content for me to buy a 9th gen console at launch.

Its possible that X1X will be $250 by 2020 and playing 9th gen content very well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'll buy the PS5 no matter what hardware is inside. I buy the console for the games, not for power. I have my PC for that.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Mr Puggsly said:
Its gonna require notable content for me to buy a 9th gen console at launch.

Its possible that X1X will be $250 by 2020 and playing 9th gen content very well.

Yes the X1X might be able to play the 9th gen games with reduced everything. But if it sells only a couple million units no one will develop 9th gen games with X1X in mind.

Why would it be $450? Seems a bit much considering it's 4 years after the pro which launched at $400 and isn't a massive jump up from it.

I'd probably still buy it if it was $400 with those specs.

But I think it'll be 10-12 TF, 16-24gb of ram and a CPU that's much better than Jaguar.