By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you think there are still people that play games „just“ on a screen and not in vr ?

Darashiva said:
habam said:

what vr devices and what games have you tried that were inferior in your opinion ? Why do you think they were inferior ? What made them better in a screen ? What did you thought was better in vr ?

Simply put, playing on VR is vastly more uncomfortable to play games with. I play games to relax and have a good time, and strapping a pointless contraption around my head isn't my idea of a good time, no matter how supposedly advanced the technology is supposed to be. Sitting on a couch with a controller on my hand and playing on a TV is always going to be the better experience compared to anything today's VR can come up with.

I feel the same way, and I think a lot of people do. Most people just play games to relax after a day of work or school. They don't need such an intense and uncomfortable way to play games.

Around the Network

You know, instead of complaining about his threads you can just stop posting in them and he will eventually go away and troll some other forum.

DeusXmachina said:
You know, instead of complaining about his threads you can just stop posting in them and he will eventually go away and troll some other forum.

This hasn't worked with the Taylor Swift threads so I doubt it would work here.  When someone is so single-minded that they create one kind of thread there really isn't any stopping them.

Chazore said:
V-r0cK said:
I'm a social guy so I have family, friends, parties often so that doesn't fly with a lot of my gaming style. I love me a good campaign game but I also love me some coop/local multiplayer games.

To me, VR, handhelds, and PC gaming = being an isolated gamer.

Also I'm the main gamer in my social circle so I dont expect others to like buy/bring their own laptop or handheld gaming systems to play as well. We just like having it all on one big screen that we all can share and enjoy.

So in summary, VR doesn't suit my gaming needs. :P

I wonder what that says about LAN parties then =P 

I've been quite very social at those. Especially when we're all close to one another with our rigs when sharing a table or two.

I was only referring to using a single system.  Obviously there's LAN parties, and you can do multiplayer with multiple 3DS and if everyone had the game etc...

LAN parties are definitely fun, just a bit hard to find enough space for everyone comfortably.  My cousin did a few LAN parties and he was able to get local game shops to sponsor him, giving him free PC hardwares as prizes, as long as he live streamed the party on Facebook and tagged the sponsor etc..If your local LAN parties hasn't had any sponsors, should definitely recommend.

DeusXmachina said:

I genuinely don't think he will. He's started bombing into other threads injecting VR and VR games where they have no place.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:

I was only referring to using a single system.  Obviously there's LAN parties, and you can do multiplayer with multiple 3DS and if everyone had the game etc...

LAN parties are definitely fun, just a bit hard to find enough space for everyone comfortably.  My cousin did a few LAN parties and he was able to get local game shops to sponsor him, giving him free PC hardwares as prizes, as long as he live streamed the party on Facebook and tagged the sponsor etc..If your local LAN parties hasn't had any sponsors, should definitely recommend.

I think that depends on where you go for your LAN parties and the setup you take with you. The ones I've gone to have had more than enough space for my setup and being able to sit comfortably at that. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Same reason I still play retro games: because they are fun. It's fun playing games on a TV, there's no reason for me to stop doing that.

Because playing on a TV/screen is convenient and easier for most people? Not everyone has the inclination or time to strap on a headset on their face and "immerse" themselves in virtual reality everytime they want to play a game.

Because VR is a bad gimmick. It isn’t even VR. Strapping a screen to your face and have the camera follow you isnt VR. This is just overpriced tech demo trash

This is a horribly flawed and biased poll.