By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you think there are still people that play games „just“ on a screen and not in vr ?

kirby007 said:
habam said:

Hm i don’t know, after VR with no motion sickness it’s hard to go back.

have you played farpoint ? With aim controller? And still enjoy call of duty with a DualShock as well? 

How long do you last? Me and my friends had splitscreen sessions that lasted 6+ hours

Sorry but that question is a little bit to personal 

Around the Network

I haven't played games in VR (although I have tried a simulation a while ago), but I'm fairly confident that I wouldn't enjoy it at all, no matter how good the games and the technology are. It's just not the way I would want to play games. I play games to relax. I don't feel the need for such an intense experience.

V-r0cK said:
I'm a social guy so I have family, friends, parties often so that doesn't fly with a lot of my gaming style. I love me a good campaign game but I also love me some coop/local multiplayer games.

To me, VR, handhelds, and PC gaming = being an isolated gamer.

Also I'm the main gamer in my social circle so I dont expect others to like buy/bring their own laptop or handheld gaming systems to play as well. We just like having it all on one big screen that we all can share and enjoy.

So in summary, VR doesn't suit my gaming needs. :P

I wonder what that says about LAN parties then =P 

I've been quite very social at those. Especially when we're all close to one another with our rigs when sharing a table or two.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

theDX said:
I don't care about VR

But have you heard about our Lord and Savior VR?

habam said:
kirby007 said:

How long do you last? Me and my friends had splitscreen sessions that lasted 6+ hours

I read that as i dont last 6 hours in vr which makes why vr is not the gospel you claim it to be

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Every day and every thread, good habam is creating more and more VR haters. It's almost like he's working for Nintendo or something.

habam said:
Hiku said:

How many more ways are there for you to ask the same question? Have you not gotten enough feedback from your previous topics?

I've already explained my position thoroughly before. But to summarize, I'd like to use VR for some games. For most others, the tradeoff over convenience isn't enough. There can also be inherent problems with VR mode in certain games. And some people like to use monitors with the least amount of lag, etc.

1. i don’t make the same threads over an over again, it’s often about vr but always with different questions

2. i just make many thread about vr. What’s the problem ? Other people make many threads about Nintendo, Sony and whatever else 

No. It's the same question just worded differently.

"How can I prove that VR is the best thing to ever happen to gaming and prove anyone who disagrees is either lying, poor, or gets motion sickness?"

You genuinely do not care about people's feedback unless it lines up directly with what you want to hear. If it's not, you label them as liars, being too poor, or getting motion sickness, and dismiss them.

Rinse. Repeat.

habam said:
kirby007 said:

I'm pretty sure he asked about your gaming habits, not your sexual prowess.

Kaneman! said:
habam said:

I'm pretty sure he asked about your gaming habits, not your sexual prowess.

He might not be able to separate the two.

potato_hamster said:
habam said:

1. i don’t make the same threads over an over again, it’s often about vr but always with different questions

2. i just make many thread about vr. What’s the problem ? Other people make many threads about Nintendo, Sony and whatever else 

No. It's the same question just worded differently.

"How can I prove that VR is the best thing to ever happen to gaming and prove anyone who disagrees is either lying, poor, or gets motion sickness?"

You genuinely do not care about people's feedback unless it lines up directly with what you want to hear. If it's not, you label them as liars, being too poor, or getting motion sickness, and dismiss them.

Rinse. Repeat.

I don’t need to proof that, everybody that tried it already knew it