By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you think there are still people that play games „just“ on a screen and not in vr ?

VR is obvious the next level of gaming, some people still play retro like on a screen and don’t even own a VR headset. Reasons?

Poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/15022221

results from Posts:

- got motion sick: 14 people 

- can’t afford it: 9 people 

- havnt tried it yet: 22 people

- claim he has tried it but think vr motion controls work like with the Wii: 1

- Think VR is not social enough: 1 people

Last edited by habam - on 07 February 2018

Around the Network

While I could afford a VR headset, and even a nice PC to back it up, I refuse to just so I can piss you off.

Xen said:
While I could afford a VR headset, and even a nice PC to back it up, I refuse to just so I can piss you off.

So you miss out just to annoy random people on the internet ? That’s a huge scarifice 

habam said:
Xen said:

So you miss out just to annoy random people on the internet ? That’s a huge scarifice 

That's just the kind of person that I am. Yesterday I declared war on Activision just based on the rumor of Crash Bandicoot going multiplat. There's just some things one is obliged to do.

Xen said:
habam said:

That's just the kind of person that I am. Yesterday I declared war on Activision just based on the rumor of Crash Bandicoot going multiplat. There's just some things one is obliged to do.

Xen said:
habam said:

Can’t compare a single franchise/publisher to the future / next level of gaming. It’s basically like refusing to use cars 

Around the Network

I literally can't use VR, don't be so pissy about it

habam said: 
Xen said:

Can’t compare a single franchise/publisher to the future / next level of gaming. It’s basically like refusing to use cars 

Well, I don't drive, so I guess it makes even more sense now.

How many genres can really use VR? At least for me, there's nothing VR can offer than regular gaming can't. Even motion controlls has its points here and there, VR has yet to prove it's not just trying to reinvent the wheel.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

habam said:
Xen said:

You mean like you've been doing since you joined, with your constant VR threads?.

I choose to play on what I want, and for me that's PC with a 1440p 144hz screen.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Because it gives me headache and makes me barfy?

Look as much VR is a nice technology,it is not for everyone. That's it.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138