By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Tom Hanks to Play Mr. Rogers in Biopic ‘You Are My Friend’

That seems so wrong to me.

Around the Network

He got a friend in him.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Not watching it. Sounds as boring as that show was. I bet it will win a lot of awards and be critically acclaimed though.

"This is...coming together at the perfect time to...heal and to unite." I might be out of touch here, but heal from what? The Vegas shooting? The perfect time for that would have been months ago.

PR talk aside, I can't help but wonder how Rogers would have felt about this. Embarrassed, but perhaps hopeful that it might help some people? Sounds like a pretty basic plot, but some expert writing & direction could make it worth a watch.

Mr. Rogers is just about the greatest man I've been aware of and I adored him as a kid, and when I later researched him as a cynical teenager on the internet I came to discover that he was an even better person than I'd originally been aware of lol

Honestly, I'd love to see an accurate biopic of the man, but I worry about them trying to reach too broad an audience... that often can lead to embellishment and an infusion of fictional drama. I love Tom Hanks as well but lord are their voices different lol

Around the Network

While I like the idea of the movie, I just can't see Tom Hanks or anyone as him.

I've seen plenty of movies that have an actor "portray" someone in real life, but in most cases I don't really know the person being portrayed that well. Mr Rogers, I had seen the show a ton and recognize him so easily, that I feel like I will have a hard time seeing anyone as him, let alone Tom Hanks.

I wonder if others feel this in regards to other movies that portray real life people. You kow like Jamie Foxx as Ray or something. To those that followed Ray closely, could they enjoy the movie or just bugged that they don't look the same. (though that movie has it easier, having the eyes hidden helps big)

But johnny cash movie, or others. I just feel I will be taken out of this movie by Tom Hanks not being mr rogers himself.

This will be hard to do justice, VERY hard. This project will need a very scrutinized approval from close family and friends.

This film has my support and blessing, 100%.

I'll be his neighbor when its free to stream online

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick