By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Dragonball FighterZ sales

GOWTLOZ said:
Andol12 said:

I was only regarding single SKUs. Otherwise, SFIV has sold over 8.6 million copies with its eighteen editions and would have the honors. I did also dismiss Smash, which might not be right (but whatever). Has there not been any update on MK X's sales after the confirmation of over 5 million copies?

No. I don't see the point in separating SKU's as its the total sales that matter and even this DBFZ sales include 3 platforms.

I mean single editions. What's not to see? One edition of DBZF selling 6 million copies is more impressive than 5 editions (Super SFIV, Super SFIV Arcade Edition, Super SFIV 3D, Ultra SSFIV) of SFIV selling over 8 million when the main game is only around 3.5.



Around the Network
Andol12 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

No. I don't see the point in separating SKU's as its the total sales that matter and even this DBFZ sales include 3 platforms.

I mean single editions. What's not to see? One edition of DBZF selling 6 million copies is more impressive than 5 editions (Super SFIV, Super SFIV Arcade Edition, Super SFIV 3D, Ultra SSFIV) of SFIV selling over 8 million when the main game is only around 3.5.

MKX sold 5 million with one edition. I'm not sure DBZF will do better than that but either way that's not fair since all the editions are the same game.



GOWTLOZ said:
Andol12 said:

I mean single editions. What's not to see? One edition of DBZF selling 6 million copies is more impressive than 5 editions (Super SFIV, Super SFIV Arcade Edition, Super SFIV 3D, Ultra SSFIV) of SFIV selling over 8 million when the main game is only around 3.5.

MKX sold 5 million with one edition. I'm not sure DBZF will do better than that but either way that's not fair since all the editions are the same game.

I'm aware. They're stand alone updates that mostly people who bought the original game are buying again with new characters, character differences, and different modes. SFIV itself is referred to as a series of games by Capcom and are counted separately. The most important thing to note is that a SFIV player can't play against someone playing Super SFIV or Ultra online.

Last edited by Andol12 - on 01 February 2018

Andol12 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

MKX sold 5 million with one edition. I'm not sure DBZF will do better than that but either way that's not fair since all the editions are the same game.

I'm aware. They're stand alone updates that mostly people who bought the original game are buying again with new characters, character differences, and different modes. SFIV itself is referred to as a series of games by Capcom and are counted separately. The most important thing to note is that a SFIV player can't play against someone playing Super SFIV or Ultra online.

That's not the usual thing. MK and MKX have the same playerbase so does SF 5 and SF 5 AE.



Dragonball FighterZ is the most successful fighting game digital console launch of all time

I'd like to point out these are the best selling traditional fighting games overall:

Tekken 3 - 8.5 million
Street Fighter II: The World Warriors - 6.3 million
Tekken 5 - 6 million
Mortal Kombat X - 5 million
Street Fighter II Turbo - 4.1 million
Mortal Kombat (2011) - ~4 million
Mortal Kombat II - >3.5 million
Tekken 6 - 3.5 million
Street Fighter IV - 3.5 million
Soulcalibur II - >3 million
Tekken 7 - >3 million

Predict where Fighterz will fall.



Around the Network
Andol12 said:

Dragonball FighterZ is the most successful fighting game digital console launch of all time

I'd like to point out these are the best selling traditional fighting games overall:

Tekken 3 - 8.5 million
Street Fighter II: The World Warriors - 6.3 million
Tekken 5 - 6 million
Mortal Kombat X - 5 million
Street Fighter II Turbo - 4.1 million
Mortal Kombat (2011) - ~4 million
Mortal Kombat II - >3.5 million
Tekken 6 - 3.5 million
Street Fighter IV - 3.5 million
Soulcalibur II - >3 million
Tekken 7 - >3 million

Predict where Fighterz will fall.

Tekken 6 range



GOWTLOZ said:
pastro243 said:
People are expecting too much imo, 2 million ps4 being the highest selling platform

You were right if only for the first week ;)

hahaha yeah, I messed up. I'm glad though. Love DBZ games and I'm back to reading the manga. I'll be getting this soon



Ryng_Tolu said:
Andol12 said:

Dragonball FighterZ is the most successful fighting game digital console launch of all time

I'd like to point out these are the best selling traditional fighting games overall:

Tekken 3 - 8.5 million
Street Fighter II: The World Warriors - 6.3 million
Tekken 5 - 6 million
Mortal Kombat X - 5 million
Street Fighter II Turbo - 4.1 million
Mortal Kombat (2011) - ~4 million
Mortal Kombat II - >3.5 million
Tekken 6 - 3.5 million
Street Fighter IV - 3.5 million
Soulcalibur II - >3 million
Tekken 7 - >3 million

Predict where Fighterz will fall.

Tekken 6 range

I dunno about this. DBFZ shipments topped 2 million units in under a week while something like MK9 took a month to sell over 2 million. Even Tekken 7 is outperforming 6, looks like it's gonna outsell it soon, and it never had the momentum Fighterz has atm either.



Dragonball Fighterz would sell over 5 million units. It has a strong release sales and will get more content and maybe a complete edition in the holidays.