Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gameware Stops Selling Xbox Systems in Reaction to Recent Game Pass Announcement

TallSilhouette said:
bananaking21 said:
Well retailers don't profit from selling Xbox one's.... Ohh wait... They do

Not much considering how much inventory space they take up. The main draw of selling game consoles in your store has pretty much always been profiting more off of the games sold with it.

OT: The writing's been on the wall for a while. Unless retailers can find a way to adapt (can't think of one myself), the digital era was always going to leave them behind. I wonder when the tipping point will be. What percentage of games sales will be digital before most major retailers decide the consoles they play on aren't worth the shelf space? Maybe the big 3 will give them a bigger cut of the console sale to counteract that.

I think they should do more custom PC building... Selling PC parts especially the customization parts, led etc... Also they should dip into Home Theatre equipment.... The next step for a gamer is to have a nice TV and sound system, maybe a videoprojector or even a dedicated room... I know those are different businesses but they tie in pretty well and could be a good way to keep them afloat... I know I have being going full digital since the 360 and don't intend to look back... 

Around the Network

I can't I dont even....

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

Sucks for them. I just went out and bought an Xbox One X from Gamestop specifically because of Game Pass.

I am honestly extremely impressed with Microsoft with this move. Now that Sony killed PS Now on Vita and most other devices, I think it is basically worthless. Game Pass on the other hand, is an amazing value. Having a huge library of games available to play locally in full glory at home is incredible. I hope they are very successful with this, and create a new way of reaching consumers.

At the end of the day I think a marriage of Game Pass and PS Now is the ultimate service, especially for more casual gamers. This should be a great thing for the industry.

The core audience doesn't have to be scared. Hard copies will be around for a long time to come. Owning digital copies will remain. Catalogue services are just another way to reach consumers. We should embrace more options, and the possibility of more people, and more money going towards AAA level games.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

People fear change. 

Same FUD we saw when EA Access was launched, turns out everything is fine.

Citing EA as a positive example only leads to discreditation.

That’s cute, a response to a post about FUD with more FUD.

LudicrousSpeed said:
LivingMetal said:

Citing EA as a positive example only leads to discreditation.

Oh, so you admit that what you posted was fud. It seems my sarcasm detector is a little off.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh, so you admit that what you posted was fud. It seems my sarcasm detector is a little off.

Yeah, the idea that EA Access would lead to every publisher having their own subscription service and locking games behind them was FUD, as you can see simply by looking around. Let me know if you need any more help, friend.

I can see how they wouldn't want to sell the hardware - as they are going to be losing out on the games. But I think it's inevitable, and have for years. People like to argue 'I like to hold the game in my hand.' And I get that, but I think it's going the way of music, movies, TV shows, newspapers, magazines, and most other media.

Games will be going all digital, like they have been on PC's for years and have always been on your phones. Yes, it will hurt those stores, and put people out of work. It's sad, but it's what happened to music stores, video stores, some hardware stores like Circuit City, etc.

The future doesn't need physical stores for mostly digital information.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Unless Amazon or Walmart tell them to f-off, Microsoft isn't going to change their strategy. And, even if those guys did make a stink, MS would probably just start selling them their consoles at a super low price to shut them up.