By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The switch might have already outsold the WiiU in just 10 months.

If the sell through information on VGChartz is within range then I would the numbers reported in the article ought to be close to the shipment numbers that we will receive tomorrow.

Around the Network

Time to eat crow, you heathen doubters!

CAW! CAW!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Cerebralbore101 said:
RolStoppable said:

Do you honestly not understand the difference between shipments and sell-through?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. Just moved out of state and internet is not hooked up yet. Anyway...

Both numbers for December are under Wii U's lifetime sales. So either way you are wrong. We always talk about sell through anyway. Nobody means sell in when talking about sales here, unless they are trying to defend something that they were wrong about. 

Who is wrong?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. Just moved out of state and internet is not hooked up yet. Anyway...

Both numbers for December are under Wii U's lifetime sales. So either way you are wrong. We always talk about sell through anyway. Nobody means sell in when talking about sales here, unless they are trying to defend something that they were wrong about. 

Who is wrong?

Me. It was me. I should have looked at the original source and not the information middlemen of Fox/WSJ. In my defense I was too busy moving, getting a new job, and a new apartment to do more than a quick glance at this. Almost no internet access up until now didn't help either. 

Mnementh said:
bigtakilla said:

3ds done the same thing and keep in mind it sold SLOW early on and took a few months to take off. It's typical of a Nintendo handheld, not a milestone.

It's a milestone, however you deny it. If it is a big or difficult milestone - that's another question.

Easy milestones deserve celebration? Fine.... yay....

Around the Network

Poor Wii U. Switch kicked its ass pretty fast

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick