By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch is the fastest Nintendo selling console in Spain’s history

nero said:
Farsala said:
Just Nintendo? Launch + Holidays will do that for ya. Either way we are clearly seeing a trend.

Indeed. Nintendo must release its number 

Do we have previous numbers for around 10 months of consoles like the Wii?

Around the Network
Farsala said:
nero said:

Indeed. Nintendo must release its number 

Found this http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/switch_on_track_to_exceed_10_month_wii_sales_by_20_percent_says_npd_analyst

Switch is on pace to exceed Wii by 20%+ over the first 10 months of sales. The thing is though, the Switch, from a demographic and usage basis, is nothing like the Wii. It’s much more a core gamer console than anything Nintendo has done since maybe NGC? ...and because it’s a hybrid, multi console ownership per household could be a thing, making upside potential bigger than the Wii.

If Pokemon comes next year I can easily see Switch outpacing Wii and taking 40+ share of the hardware market next year, but it does depend on if Pokemon is next year or not.

nero said:
Farsala said:

Found this http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/switch_on_track_to_exceed_10_month_wii_sales_by_20_percent_says_npd_analyst

Switch is on pace to exceed Wii by 20%+ over the first 10 months of sales. The thing is though, the Switch, from a demographic and usage basis, is nothing like the Wii. It’s much more a core gamer console than anything Nintendo has done since maybe NGC? ...and because it’s a hybrid, multi console ownership per household could be a thing, making upside potential bigger than the Wii.

If Pokemon comes next year I can easily see Switch outpacing Wii and taking 40+ share of the hardware market next year, but it does depend on if Pokemon is next year or not.

I meant for periphery countries like Spain. We already know NPD numbers, since they used to provide Wii numbers for free.

Farsala said:

I meant for periphery countries like Spain. We already know NPD numbers, since they used to provide Wii numbers for free.

Oh, I see. Hard to find those number I think, haven't heard that much of WiiU numbers in Spain for the first 10 months

numberwang said:
SpokenTruth said:

No, they are comparing a video game device to all other video game devices.

So it is selling faster than NDS or GBA?

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 22 January 2018

Around the Network

Get your bodies ready for 2018.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won