Forums - General Discussion - It's Been Awhile. How Is Everyone ?

Don't know you that much, if at all, but I like your Vivian James avatar.

Around the Network
okr said:
Now that we gathered a few longterm members in this thread, I have a question for you guys.

As the old farts among us know, in the early days three members pretty much run this site (besides ioi and the meanwhile returned DB wizard TalonMan): TheSource, DKII and - above all - naznatips.

Does anyone know why naznatips left VGC?

Wasn't he on gamewise with you?  He brought me over there so I know he went. About a year before that I believe he was on Captain Havoks Bearded Gamer show as well so he was branching out,  becoming more active during that time. With in six months of Gamewise he was all but gone. He made the occasional moderation here I believe but then nothing. 

Ask Mastervgamer1982.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

mZuzek said:
Kerotan said:

But it didn't need them. And ps4 is just proving that further. 

Well there was that "Wii u will sell 200m" thread. I don't think anything will ever beat that. 

240m wasn't it? Yeah I think I remember that, it was good stuff.

Jesus Christ you made me spit out my coffee. Was it really that high? 

Kerotan said:
mZuzek said:

240m wasn't it? Yeah I think I remember that, it was good stuff.

Jesus Christ you made me spit out my coffee. Was it really that high? 

That's the number I recall, might be wrong but eh.

Ah yes gamewise, of course! naznatips went there when he left VGC, I had completely forgotten about that.

Gamewise was erased from my mind until you reminded me. I just logged in for the first time in years and realized that I used to contribute a bit years ago, but I never liked the site. I wished I could delete my account there but afair our gamewise accounts are linked to our VGC accounts (without ever asking for our permission).

Around the Network
okr said:

Ah yes gamewise, of course! naznatips went there when he left VGC, I had completely forgotten about that.

Gamewise was erased from my mind until you reminded me. I just logged in for the first time in years and realized that I used to contribute a bit years ago, but I never liked the site. I wished I could delete my account there but afair our gamewise accounts are linked to our VGC accounts (without ever asking for our permission).

Just was too much. The database has a lot of potential,  but I feel Deano and whoever else worked on it over engineered it. Or just made it too crowded with options. But if it makes ioi money,  then who am I to complain? 

I especially do not like the brainwaves. I know it is not supposed to be a forum site with proper profiles and all,  but I just did not like much about the site. 

Anyways,  during that time,  he was also around when ioi was asking us to put gamewise in our signatures on various sites for money, he came here less and less. I have a personal email history with him that petered out around the time he left. I think he may have even said a reason he was not active with gamewize anymore. Probably could find it if there is some evidence in my yahoo. 

Sure he probably told machina too though it one of the older moderators. 

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I vaguely remember your Vivian avi, welcome back!

PullusPardus said:
outlawauron said:

As I commented on your wall like 2 years ago:

"Hey Pullus"

Hope you're able to stick around this time. I enjoyed your posts.

Oh hey my friend! I enjoyed your posts too. How have you been? 

Can't complain. Moved around, had a kid, growing older. Normal stuff. I still try to play games every now and then.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The fuck? It's been like 20 years or so.

The fact that I remember you and have vaguely fond memories must mean something good. Pretty sure that avatar had some significance too back then.

edit: Had a quick look at your post history. Looks like my hunch was correct. I hope you stick around.

Last edited by vivster - on 17 January 2018

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I do remember you...

It’s been a while eh?

Welcome back.