Forums - General Discussion - What is this new VG$ on every profile?

TalonMan said:

How many bans/perms/alts have you had? Do you really think you're the person to start this particular conversation??? LOL!!!

...and I'm talking about the PREDICTION LEAGUE - not MODERATOR! Kirby has actually shown a genuine INTEREST in this particular feature - hence, my willingness (and frankly, desire) to get him on board with managing something like this.

Other than to shake me down for a mod promotion - what, exactly, have you shown an interest in doing? 

How many perms and alts do you think I had? Might as well get this out of the way to make sure how much you know.

Yes, you are talking about a prediction league, but you are also talking about moderator duties like deciding who should get kicked from the league.

I am fighting for guys like you who wish to call someone a troll when they are trolling, without having to fear consequences from the mod team for saying so. You know, turning this into a place where the people who know what they are talking about enjoy greater protection than the people who write unreasonable and irrational posts.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

How many bans/perms/alts have you had? Do you really think you're the person to start this particular conversation??? LOL!!!

...and I'm talking about the PREDICTION LEAGUE - not MODERATOR! Kirby has actually shown a genuine INTEREST in this particular feature - hence, my willingness (and frankly, desire) to get him on board with managing something like this.

Other than to shake me down for a mod promotion - what, exactly, have you shown an interest in doing? 

How many perms and alts do you think I had? Might as well get this out of the way to make sure how much you know.

Yes, you are talking about a prediction league, but you are also talking about moderator duties like deciding who should get kicked from the league.

I am fighting for guys like you who wish to call someone a troll when they are trolling, without having to fear consequences from the mod team for saying so. You know, turning this into a place where the people who know what they are talking about enjoy greater protection than the people who write unreasonable and irrational posts.

Well, as part of administrating ANY feature on this website, it must include the ability to turn people away who are ruining things for the rest of the community. Like the DBAdmin (in particular, Versus) who have the ability to kick people from submitting entries to the database - the person running the PL must also have some form of control over what's allowed and what might ruin the experience. Are you suggesting that Kirby wouldn't be good in this particular role? Do you think I wouldn't have to power to over-rule and undo anything he did if I really thought he was abusing the position?

You BOTH have been on here for as long as I can possibly remember - the only difference between you two at the moment, is that Kirby has consistently made fun of the Thundercats (which I merely pity him, for), whereas you couldn't wait till I was back 48hrs before asking me to turn on mod privileges (which sent a red flag so high, it's been blocking out the sun ever since!).

Tell me something else you're interested in helping with around here (other than, of course being the "mod crusader of the forums")? 

TalonMan said:

Well, as part of administrating ANY feature on this website, it must include the ability to turn people away who are ruining things for the rest of the community. Like the DBAdmin (in particular, Versus) who have the ability to kick people from submitting entries to the database - the person running the PL must also have some form of control over what's allowed and what might ruin the experience. Are you suggesting that Kirby wouldn't be good in this particular role? Do you think I wouldn't have to power to over-rule and undo anything he did if I really thought he was abusing the position?

You BOTH have been on here for as long as I can possibly remember - the only difference between you two at the moment, is that Kirby has consistently made fun of the Thundercats (which I merely pity him, for), whereas you couldn't wait till I was back 48hrs before asking me to turn on mod privileges (which sent a red flag so high, it's been blocking out the sun ever since!).

Tell me something else you're interested in helping with around here (other than, of course being the "mod crusader of the forums")? 

My point is that if fear of abuse of power is your reason why you don't promote me, then that same fear should exist with anything that involves kirby007. Similarly, you cite his genuine interest in the prediction league as a positive, but my genuine interest in becoming a moderator is somehow a negative.

Why do I have to be interested in helping any more than what falls under the duties and tasks of a moderator? You didn't even answer my question from the previous post.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:

Why do I have to be interested in helping any more than what falls under the duties and tasks of a moderator? You didn't even answer my question from the previous post.

Why do I have to answer any of your questions or justify my actions? Oh, that's right - I don't have to...  :)

Keep in mind one thing: Kirby has never asked me for one thing - ever. This was my idea, not his.

TalonMan said:

Why do I have to answer any of your questions or justify my actions? Oh, that's right - I don't have to...  :)

Keep in mind one thing: Kirby has never asked me for one thing - ever. This was my idea, not his.

Well, you could justify your actions for your own sake, proving that you aren't merely throwing around wild accusations.

Something being your idea doesn't automatically make something good. For example, you had the idea that you will buy all physical game releases for Switch; that might have seemed cool at the time you had that idea, but it's becoming more and more apparent that a complete collection won't consist of only a few hundred games, but well over thousand. Is it a good idea to spend so much money on so many games that you will never ever play?

Make me a mod and you'll be able to call vivster a troll as many times as you want. Not because you are granted special status (read: being above all forum rules) for being an admin, but because everyone should be free to call vivster a troll.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

Well, you could justify your actions for your own sake, proving that you aren't merely throwing around wild accusations.

Something being your idea doesn't automatically make something good. For example, you had the idea that you will buy all physical game releases for Switch; that might have seemed cool at the time you had that idea, but it's becoming more and more apparent that a complete collection won't consist of only a few hundred games, but well over thousand. Is it a good idea to spend so much money on so many games that you will never ever play?

Make me a mod and you'll be able to call vivster a troll as many times as you want. Not because you are granted special status (read: being above all forum rules) for being an admin, but because everyone should be free to call vivster a troll.

Ha! Ha!! I don't have to justify my actions, at all! Least of all, to you!

And that's your "opinion" that my collecting physical Switch releases isn't a good idea - I have the disposable income available, and this is how I've chosen to spend it. Doesn't matter in the slightest, what you think about my doing it - I love doing it, and so it's absolutely a "good idea" for me.

I won't let you try to draw me into some "gotcha" moment, because I know that's exactly where this conversation will ultimately go. You are anything if not predictable...  :P

**Talon Out**

looking forward to participating in the Prediction League

Wow, Rol got to another one. Sorry Talon Man, I called you back to the site maybe a year or so ago and you have to deal with Rol.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Wow, Rol got to another one. Sorry Talon Man, I called you back to the site maybe a year or so ago and you have to deal with Rol.

LOL!!! Nah - he doesn't bother me...

TalonMan said:
spurgeonryan said:

LOL!!! Nah - he doesn't bother me...

solution

if you make me mod i could ban Rol for totally going offtopic and not mention the VG$ at all. i wouldn't ban him from the prediction league tho, i would get a personal satisfaction when everyone sees how terrible of an oracle Rol actually is

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.