Forums - Sales Discussion - The new Xbox One numbers for the 25'th are wrong.

TheBlackNaruto said:
aken909 said:

You guys basically just added a full month onto Xbox sales for no reason. If your own tracking said a lower number and other sales tracking firms have the numbers lower why did you add a full million to the numbers?

Your actions call into question the whole methodology your using when you don't even trust the totals your "research" provided you.  If your just going to randomly add huge sums like 1,000,000 your essentially just making up the numbers.

Sorry If I hurt your feelings.

The numbers are through Dec 2nd though right?

You are correct. The numbers are through December 2 now, not November 25 like the OP says. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

The numbers are through Dec 2nd though right?

You are correct. The numbers are through December 2 now, not November 25 like the OP says. 

But truck... the way the numbers are put X1 very close to be 2:1 to PS4, while the gap was bigger before and X1 didn't manage to really keep up, so perhaps further corrections are needed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
trunkswd said:

But truck... the way the numbers are put X1 very close to be 2:1 to PS4, while the gap was bigger before and X1 didn't manage to really keep up, so perhaps further corrections are needed.

The Xbox One X launched, so a temporarily different ratio between Xbox One and PS4 sales isn't farfetched at all.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

The Xbox One X launched, so a temporarily different ratio between Xbox One and PS4 sales isn't farfetched at all.

The weekly sales not being 2:1 I completely understand, I'm talking about the totals, the ratio seemed to shift to much more than what we have evidence for.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
RolStoppable said:

The weekly sales not being 2:1 I completely understand, I'm talking about the totals, the ratio seemed to shift to much more than what we have evidence for.

I haven't adjusted up Xbox One sales. During the holidays the Xbox One has a better ratio than the rest of the year. The PS4 has to double the sales every week to keep it at just 2:1. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

The PS4 has had a hard time to beat the Xbox One by more than 2:1 in November's weekly sales, and the PS4 needs to win by more than 2:1 in order to merely maintain its pre-November ratio in total LTD sales. Conversely, the Xbox One only needs to lose by less than 2:1 in weekly sales to improve its ratio in total sales.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

In reply to the OP. The 34.7 million figure is for the week ending December 2. 

We have LT X1 sales at 32,562,278 for the week ending Nov 11. 

Here are the sales for the next 3 weeks:

• Nov 18 - 455,274
  • Nov 25 - 1,138,556 (Black Friday)
  • Dec 2 - 587,494

When you add them up you get 34,743,602 or 34.7 million, which is what the front page says. 

trunkswd said:

In reply to the OP. The 34.7 million figure is for the week ending December 2. 

We have LT X1 sales at 32,562,278 for the week ending Nov 11. 

Here are the sales for the next 3 weeks:

• Nov 18 - 455,274
  • Nov 25 - 1,138,556 (Black Friday)
  • Dec 2 - 587,494

When you add them up you get 34,743,602 or 34.7 million, which is what the front page says. 

With this, the topic can be locked. Anymore issues with numbers, bring it up in the Global Thread for Nov 25.