3. Finish my mixtape.

4. Get through most of my backlog.

5. Work out more

6. Get a Switch or PS4

7. Build a new PC

Around the Network

revolution

Cerebralbore101 said:

Make sleep a priority in 2018...Going to bed by 10:30 every night, and waking up by 6:30 every morning. 

When I had a really regular schedule I went every single night at the same time to bed and got every morning up at the same time (even on weekends). Due to that sleeping schedule I fell asleep ASAP, slept through the night and woke up in the morning few seconds before my alarm clock rang. Those were great times and totally worth it! Unfortunately my working schedule and my daughter wont allow this anymore. 

spurgeonryan said:
Buy a Switch.

Why did you not buy a Switch yet? Are you waiting for anything in particular?

XD84 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Make sleep a priority in 2018...Going to bed by 10:30 every night, and waking up by 6:30 every morning. 

When I had a really regular schedule I went every single night at the same time to bed and got every morning up at the same time (even on weekends). Due to that sleeping schedule I fell asleep ASAP, slept through the night and woke up in the morning few seconds before my alarm clock rang. Those were great times and totally worth it! Unfortunately my working schedule and my daughter wont allow this anymore. 

Yeah it's a huge convenience in this day and age. It's also a timesaver because once you start sleeping so well you find out you need a lot less sleep. Right now I need 8.5 to 9.5 hours just to feel well rested. Hoping to be able to cut it down to 8 hours, and eventually 7.5 with good consistent sleep habits. 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Non-gaming (From high to low priority)

-Lose weight/increase workout
-Focus my all to help my wife get prepared for her NCLEX exam and to teach her how to drive a car
-To have our first child
-Buy a new house (waiting for my wife to get a job first after she passes her NCLEX exam
-Buy a new car (going for a Toyota Camry 2018 or 2019 to replace my 1996 Toyota Camry)

I am curious: Why is loosing weight on a higher priority than having a child?

Cerebralbore101 said:
XD84 said:

Yeah it's a huge convenience in this day and age. It's also a timesaver because once you start sleeping so well you find out you need a lot less sleep. Right now I need 8.5 to 9.5 hours just to feel well rested. Hoping to be able to cut it down to 8 hours, and eventually 7.5 with good consistent sleep habits. 

I had to change my lifestyle a lot to achieve that. I hope your environment will show understanding for your decision.

BasilZero said:
XD84 said:

I am curious: Why is loosing weight on a higher priority than having a child?

A personal decision.

Since I hit puberty I was always overweight. The birth of my daughter motivated me enough that I did something against it. It was one of the best decisions I made in my life. 

- Cut back on my drinking like 80-90%
- Lose 20-25 pounds or so (lost like 30 pounds awhile back but in the years since then I've pretty much slowly put most if not all of it back on)
- Land at least a semi-decent salaried job
- Be more assertive in getting back in touch with friends (been drifting away from social life which was kind of exacerbated by my old shitty overnight job)
- Get into dating life or at least try and meet women
- Get back to creative writing
- Get back to animation, at least a bit and to submitting a few works I've completed to festivals (submitted one and got nominated for an award but I kind of petered out after that)

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I did 1 half marathon in 2017, and unlike that event where I didn't train I've been working to get fitter, so my aims for 2018 are:

- Complete 3-5 half marathons (I've booked 3 so far starting in feb, but in actuality I'll probably end up doing about 6-7).
- Finally release my indie game... been working on it in my spare time and its been a struggle, but its time to get it released and move on.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!