By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Patent shows Microsoft’s Andromeda phone with 360-degree rotation support and dual-display

I remember Sony trying to do a dual screen phone (top) and the rumored Microsoft Courier in maybe 2010 that was a foldable dual screen tablet that never happened.

Around the Network

How the fuck is that unique? And how the fuck are they able to hold a patent for this? Every single mobile device manufacturer has been dabbling with that for the past 10 years.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Normchacho said:
Yeah...that's not going to catch on. and that's before you realize it will probably be a Windows phone.

.                       ^                                                                                             ^
.                       |                                                                                             |     

I agree with that                                                            I'm offended by that                 

In any case, I'm assuming that the hinge is magnetic rather than mechanical, a la Surface Book. That would make a lot more sense to me, though it would imply that if the two screens are detachable, one of them is dead weight without the other (or you have twice the phone otherwise)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Clever

hm, sounds like a modern NDS phone to me, just with 360 rotation instead of 180

really, the mobile industry is not evolving much lately

I think this concept has a brighter future if applied on tablets and laptops, allowing for bigger portable screens, would be huge if they find a way to make the hinges almost disappear and the make two screens look as one

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

If it uses folding oled or some folding screen then could be mega.

Also could be big for gaming if MS can succfuly run one of their big titles on it right on game launch. Halo6 on the go anyone.

That sounds pretty cool, but if this phone isn't running iOS or Android, I can't see it succeeding on the mass market, especially if it's a premium device. As an enterprise phone though, it can be big.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

nice idea looks great

vivster said:
How the fuck is that unique? And how the fuck are they able to hold a patent for this? Every single mobile device manufacturer has been dabbling with that for the past 10 years.

I really enjoy that you can have kids watch something else on each screen while sitting opposite from each other.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
hm, sounds like a modern NDS phone to me, just with 360 rotation instead of 180

really, the mobile industry is not evolving much lately

I think this concept has a brighter future if applied on tablets and laptops, allowing for bigger portable screens, would be huge if they find a way to make the hinges almost disappear and the make two screens look as one

If this trend continues, one day they'll actually make a foldable computer, that has screen on one half and keyboard on the other, mark my words!

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.