By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘I have no idea what I saw’: Pentagon admits to secret UFO hunting program

Technarchy said:

Being ruled by aliens might be an improvement over being ruled by corporations and plutocrats.

So, lets give it a shot and being welcoming. If they want to eat people lets start with politicians.

The politicians will probably do the negotiating with the aliens and will be last on the plate served up with vegetables and gravy. You only have to look at the past conqueror's be it WW2 or earlier to see how politicians serve their conquerors even profit from it sometimes. Someone has to organise us for processing at the meat factory and lie to us about what is actually happening. Reality though aliens will probably just release a virus with a genetic modifier that turns us all into alien food or whatever else are chemicals would be good for.  We could all end up looking like spongebob square pants but composed of some alien delicacy so that we are easy to store until needed. They could even include a genetic modifier that makes us want to be eaten therefore saving them the resources of having to hunt/find us. As in the restaurant at the end of the universe its better to eat an animal that wants to be eaten than one that doesn't. We could even be programmed to prepare ourselves for cooking and then climb in the oven at the end etc.

Around the Network
vivster said: 
Zoombael said: 

That doesn't answer my question. Not at all.

Btw. why are you so obsessed with aliens? Did they abduct you and performed weird experiments on you? >_>

I'm obsessed with people who do not think before they speak, which is basically everyone who talks about aliens and visiting earth.

You're obsessed with yourself? 

vivster said:
McGilliguts said:
Aliens are real and they are already here, of course. Please let me explain. An ancient alien civilization that has existed for billions of years and has technology far beyond ours has already spread throughout the entire universe via self replicating drones. These drones monitor developments throughout the universe and report back information, that the aliens can act upon if necessary. These surveillance drones are what the pilots saw. Right now earth is still much too primitive to be of any interest, but at some point a delegation if aliens will arrive to make contact or possibly just destroy the planet outright.

I hope those drones discovered how to move beyond lightspeed as well as communication speeds above lightspeed or else the whole theory collapses on itself.

Superluminal travel and communication is not necessarely required to traverse the Universe/Galaxy. Near ligthspeed will just do fine for space colonisation/exploration.

You're the opposit of what you oppose, yet your mindset is of an equal level of ignorance.

A little update on the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w0aXTfDDq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmjowugK__o

Hunting Season is done...

CrazyGamer2017 said:
o_O.Q said:

exactly, it just seems really arrogant to me given that we don't know A LOT... maybe at some point we'll discover that a lot of the underlying axioms we hold about these things aren't giving us a proper picture

Actually we have been confronted many times in history with this human arrogance proven wrong again and again. One of the best examples of this is many centuries ago when we were absolutely certain that the earth was flat, at the center of the universe and all the stars including the sun revolved around our important ass. And we were so abysmally arrogant about this that just questioning this was considered heresy. You had to be mad to question something so obvious as the earth being flat and at the center of the universe, there is 0% chance that earth was not the center of everything, impossible, unthinkable, mad, blasphemous etc...

Being too certain of something, never questioning beliefs or paradigms is showing a lack of wisdom in my opinion.

yeah, i was agreeing with you, we make massive leaps with our technology and understanding of the universe over time

to say that what we understand right now is the absolutely limit of what can be learned about the universe is silly and its wrong

especially since as i've said before scientists admit that we cannot measure 97% of the universe around us with our conventional equipment so they just call that dark matter

CrazyGamer2017 said: 

Let me say this: Unicorns are (and I think we agree) 100% NON existing, not 99% not 99.9999999% but a clear cut 100% of Nope, they don't exist. Because there is no scientific logic or sense in imagining that an animal has magical powers because magic does not exist. Magic is simply what people in the past have invented to explain some phenomena they could not understand also magic helped fuel their fantasies. Only science looks at the universe and attempts to explain it objectively, through experiment and methodology.

I think there's very little we can be 100% sure of. I'd even argue that there isn't anything at all.

As unlikely as the existence of unicorns is, what about them would make them impossible? You didn't define 'magic', but it is technically possible that there are animals (whether they live on our planet or not) that have abilities that contradict our current scientific beliefs.

Scientists have proven that it's impossible to go faster than the speed of light. So unless the aliens are able to travel for thousands, maybe millions of years, it's not possible for them to reach us according to our scientific system.

Although everything is technically possible, we should not consider the possibility of all of these things. The chances of them being true are just way to small. Another example: my bed can suddenly start attacking me (because of reasons that I cannot understand, since I don't know absolutely everything that there is to know about our universe), but that doesn't mean that I need to be afraid of my bed (since I know enough about our universe to safely assume that the chances of this happening are extremely low).

o_O.Q said: 
CrazyGamer2017 said: 

Actually we have been confronted many times in history with this human arrogance proven wrong again and again. One of the best examples of this is many centuries ago when we were absolutely certain that the earth was flat, at the center of the universe and all the stars including the sun revolved around our important ass. And we were so abysmally arrogant about this that just questioning this was considered heresy. You had to be mad to question something so obvious as the earth being flat and at the center of the universe, there is 0% chance that earth was not the center of everything, impossible, unthinkable, mad, blasphemous etc...

Being too certain of something, never questioning beliefs or paradigms is showing a lack of wisdom in my opinion.

yeah, i was agreeing with you, we make massive leaps with our technology and understanding of the universe over time

to say that what we understand right now is the absolutely limit of what can be learned about the universe is silly and its wrong

especially since as i've said before scientists admit that we cannot measure 97% of the universe around us with our conventional equipment so they just call that dark matter

Not to be nitpicky about the percentage. According to theory, it's 27% dark matter. 68% dark energy. 5% the stuff we are made out of.

Flilix said: 
CrazyGamer2017 said: 

Let me say this: Unicorns are (and I think we agree) 100% NON existing, not 99% not 99.9999999% but a clear cut 100% of Nope, they don't exist. Because there is no scientific logic or sense in imagining that an animal has magical powers because magic does not exist. Magic is simply what people in the past have invented to explain some phenomena they could not understand also magic helped fuel their fantasies. Only science looks at the universe and attempts to explain it objectively, through experiment and methodology.

I think there's very little we can be 100% sure of. I'd even argue that there isn't anything at all.

As unlikely as the existence of unicorns is, what about them would make them impossible? You didn't define 'magic', but it is technically possible that there are animals (whether they live on our planet or not) that have abilities that contradict our current scientific beliefs.

Scientists have proven that it's impossible to go faster than the speed of light. So unless the aliens are able to travel for thousands, maybe millions of years, it's not possible for them to reach us according to our scientific system.

Although everything is technically possible, we should not consider the possibility of all of these things. The chances of them being true are just way to small. Another example: my bed can suddenly start attacking me (because of reasons that I cannot understand, since I don't know absolutely everything that there is to know about our universe), but that doesn't mean that I need to be afraid of my bed (since I know enough about our universe to safely assume that the chances of this happening are extremely low).

That's not a good example. You know what your bed is comprised of, you can examine it thouroughly. How common life is in the Universe/Galaxy is something we don't know and can't say for certain, since we are incapable of observing and exploring adequatly.

"Scientists have proven that it's impossible to go faster than the speed of light. "

I got a bad "example" too. When the steam engine rolled out, people thought the human body would melt because of the high speeds.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Flilix said: 

Although everything is technically possible, we should not consider the possibility of all of these things. The chances of them being true are just way to small. Another example: my bed can suddenly start attacking me (because of reasons that I cannot understand, since I don't know absolutely everything that there is to know about our universe), but that doesn't mean that I need to be afraid of my bed (since I know enough about our universe to safely assume that the chances of this happening are extremely low).

That's not a good example. You know what your bed is comprised of, you can examine it thouroughly. How common life is in the Universe/Galaxy is something we don't know and can't say for certain, since we are incapable of observing and exploring adequatly.

To which extent can I trust my senses and my knowledge? I can think that my bed is made of wood, and I believe that wood can't move, but I can't be sure of either. It looks and feels like wood to me, but that idea is created in my head. I can never tell something with absolute certainty about the object itself. I can only tell things about how it appears to me. And even if it is actual wood, I can't know for sure if it's able to move or not. According to science it can't move, but I'm 'only' 99.9999...% sure that I can trust science.

You could argue that aliens visiting the earth is more likely than my bed moving, and that's probably true (although there's no way to actually calculate the likeliness). However, both are so unlikely that it makes absolutely no sense to believe either.

You seem to have got confused on this point, if you travel at a reasonable percentage of light speed, lets say 1/3rd light speed then travelling between the stars may take decades. It's only thousands of years using our current space vehicle technology but that doesn't in anyway represent the maximum speed possible. We already have theories and designs for drives that can travel much faster. It's like someone from medieval times who travelled from village to village in a cart that did 3 mph trying to understand jet planes travelling at mach 2. We may be limited by the speed of light but that still makes travelling between the stars possible in a single generation.  There is quite a cluster of stars within a short range of us. There's over 50 stars within 16 light years of the sun and 9 within 10 light years away and each time you increase the distance of light years you get exponentially more stars. We have plenty to explore within our local area.

The point is it takes us decades to explore our own solar system now but perhaps in 100-200 years that will be true of nearby stars. 

vivster said:

Stupid article. Trying to hype up shit. If they had actually found anything they wouldn't have abandoned the program. There may have been some UFOs but I'm 100% sure that none of them had anything to do with aliens. It's just not probable at all.

Yeah, because our sky daddy made an endless universe and only made us... 

In fact, if we are talking about probability, thats the only branch of science that can actual say that there MUST be aliens somewhere on the universe just based on pure odds...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Flilix said:
CrazyGamer2017 said: 

Although everything is technically possible, we should not consider the possibility of all of these things. The chances of them being true are just way to small. Another example: my bed can suddenly start attacking me (because of reasons that I cannot understand, since I don't know absolutely everything that there is to know about our universe), but that doesn't mean that I need to be afraid of my bed (since I know enough about our universe to safely assume that the chances of this happening are extremely low).

Actually, it's impossible to reach the speed of light. One form of theoretical warp drive involves displacement at the exact point of light speed, allowing for a vessel to exit that displacement at FTL speeds.

Then there's the other type of warp drive that utilizes worm holes. No, you're not traveling faster than the speed of light, but you are traveling light-years at a time.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Flilix said:

Key word in that second paragraph of yours is "according to our scientific system". And yes according to it some stuff is possible, other stuff is not but why do you think our scientific system has reached its limit? How can anyone think that our current knowledge will define the millions and billions of years of the future of the universe? There is so much we don't know, how can anyone assume that an Alien race would not have evolved way beyond anything we can comprehend? The human race is in its infancy, we have only begun to master technology, for only a few thousands of years which is NOTHING in comparison to the 3 billion years since life has appeared on earth and if we talk about advanced technology, we have only been mastering it for 3 maybe 4 centuries and super advanced technology like electronics, quantum physics etc, only for a few decades. We are infants in the universe, we don't know much and we have so much still to learn.

As for the speed of light, even with our limited human knowledge, scientists discuss of theoretical means to go faster than light because astrophysicists have realized (actually since Einstein) that the universe is relative and that space time can be bent and even torn. We don't have the knowledge and technology to do that ourselves but a super advanced civilization could. So we cannot go faster than light using conventional ways like propulsion because the amount of energy needed to reach the speed of light is equal to infinite. But that's only part the puzzle, not all of it.

As for your bed attacking you, there is no reason to think it could ever do that because it is NOT sentient. There is NOTHING that demonstrates a bed could EVER be sentient. But here is the kicker: WE ARE SENTIENT, therefore the universe has PROVEN to us that sentience can be generated inside the universe, we are the proof of it, so assuming that sentience has been produced elsewhere in the universe makes sense. In fact thinking that the entire universe is empty of sentience and that we are somehow the only exception is a bit silly, exactly like centuries ago people thought we were so important that we are located in the center of the universe and everything revolves around us. Well we were completely wrong, we are not special, we are small, insignificant and I am willing to bet that we are not alone in the universe specifically because we are not special. It would make total sense if we are only one sentient species among countless others.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 23 December 2017