By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Switch sales are “unprecedented” for Nintendo

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

"He called Switch’s sales “unprecedented” before adding that its pace “is one of the fastest in our own history and in gaming history.”"

Pinkie_pie said:
How is it unprecedented when its not even the fastest selling gaming system?

VGPolyglot said:
If it's unprecedented, wouldn't that mean there is no precedent? If it's one of their best-selling that must mean that a precedent has already been established.

Oh man. Everybody already nailed that one to the cross on the first page. So...yeah!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Even in a thread that should only have positive posts there are still people who can not stop to find a reason to be negative...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

It's unprecedented because it hasn't had the benefit of a holiday sales period.

Naum said:
Even in a thread that should only have positive posts there are still people who can not stop to find a reason to be negative...

Well when someone in a position like Reggie says things that just make zero sense...

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Naum said:

So you understand that any comment that isn't praising Nintendo is negative? And also no one can make fun of a top brass on a company beating the poor language?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Another thread that will derailed from it's original intent ... GREAT !

Except we're all still discussing it, so no derailment here. The issue is it's not being discussed in a highly positive fashion, right?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

"He called Switch’s sales “unprecedented” before adding that its pace “is one of the fastest in our own history and in gaming history.”"

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

DonFerrari said:
Naum said:

So you understand that any comment that isn't praising Nintendo is negative? And also no one can make fun of a top brass on a company beating the poor language?

How so?

Yes, but are they stellar, Reggie?!?!

Azuren said:
superchunk said:

Definitely not true out here, AZ. I did not see any stock until in any store or on Amazon until late November.

I can only check stores in the chain I work for, but I know every store in our chain in Arizona has had a ready supply of Switches. Which stores were you checking?

I've been in/out of Gamestops, Walmart, and Targets for various reasons. Granted, this is clearly situational data and I very well could have just missed something in the particular stores I was in.